Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am ready for the season

Comment

Just being at the lease and enjoying the outdoors is relaxing for me it unstresses me out from the everyday hustle and bustle so i look forward to it even if it means waking up late to get to the blind lol

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
        I've never killed a deer on opening day with a bow. But I've never killed a deer sitting on the couch either. So there's that......
        I have. Shot a doe on my way to the evening stand just last season. Rage in the cage.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I'm moving to the ranch September 23rd. I'll get back to you in January.

A fellow needs a few days to acclimate to the altitude, doesn't he?

Comment

I doubt that I will. I can't get excited about hunting until there is frost on the ground.

Comment

I have killed several good bucks early while others were at home thinking it was too hot. On opening morning I will be in Louisiana at a NALC dog show but hope to be in the stand on that Sunday morning.

-john

Comment

After losing 50 links of sausage to hurricane harvey i need to replenish my freezer.

Comment

I used to go and force hunts with wrong winds etc. Now I just relax and flow with the wind. I've got two sets at the lease and one is covered up in pigs and the other with all the deer as it is penned off. I will hunt the spot for pigs if there is any chance of disturbing my good spot with the timed protein feeder.

Comment

Cant killem if your not there

Comment

Waiting till after opening weekend is like waiting till the Monday after Christmas to buy a gift. Thats no fun. Sure, you might get a better deal... but its no fun.

I go when I can go. Rain, moon, whatever.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Opening weekend is Prime time for me because the rut will be wide open at my main lease. If I were you, I would let my trail camera's and weather dictate if I was going to hunt a certain spot. If you have a big buck coming in and he comes in during daylight in hot weather, I would hunt him opening weekend if the wind is going to be right. If you only see him during daylight when the weather is cooler, I would wait until it cools down. Of course it's easy for me to say to wait because I have lots of spots I can hunt so no matter the wind or weather I always have stands to hunt. I've only missed opening weekend 2 times in my 30+ years of bow hunting, one I was out of the country and the other I was injured.

Comment

There won't be many broken tines opening weekend, and the bucks may still be in their summertime bachelor group feeding pattern.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	deer2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	24510563

Opening Day last year! Yes, I'll be there again opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I'm moving to the ranch September 23rd. I'll get back to you in January.

Wish I could do that.

Comment

I will wait for prime time , but I will wait while sitting in my stand on opening morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X