No announcement yet.

Townhomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I owned one for six years and would not own another. The lack of exterior maintenance is nice. A big negative on townhomes are that many times the HOA will limit the number of townhomes in the community that are allowed as rentals. If you hit a down market and can't sell and also can't rent it out then its a huge cash drain. Another negative was when it was time to sell there was almost always another unit exactly like the one for sale, also for sale. So they competed directly against each other for the same buyer.

Comment

We bought one about ten years ago and have lived in it for the past eight (it took two years to sell or prior house). I wasn't sure at the time if I would like living in town much less in a townhouse but I found I was ok with it. Not having to worry about the outside maintenance is a big plus. The biggest downside is I can't pee off the back porch. Since I retired we spend about a third of our time at the townhouse and two thirds at the ranch. It is nice to just set the AC either up or down and just leave.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        Is Spring considered the burbs?
        Yes....and trending towards ghetto.

Comment

Working...
        X