• Time
  • Show
Clear All

$500 year round family deer lease
    3 wheelers
    Pre emission diesel vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
      Yep! Grew up in Keller. My folks still live there. If I'm at their house and need to hit the hardware store, that's where I go. Not sure how long it's been there, but I'm 41 and can remember going there as a kid. My dad still shops there regularly. I sure wish the old butcher was across the street. It's been turned into a compressor shop and last time I paid any attention, the old Keller Feed Store was still a lawnmower shop. Both of those changed some years ago. I remember when there was only one grocery store in Keller and that was the Food Fare which was about a block south of there. The "Keller Bum" spit on my little brother one time while mom was pushing the grocery cart with my brother riding in the bottom of the cart. Ha! Good times. I remember when Keller was less than 2,500 people, a bunch of cows and horses and Keller Pkwy was still called FM1709, was two lanes and the speed limit was 55. Our address back then was Route 1, Box 44A. Man, that place just ain't the same....

My uncle (and boss) would send me to McDonnell for parts when I was 14, they always gave me a hard time and pretended they were gonna call the cop on me, same thing at the old auto supply. The bum's name was Artie, the dog at the feed store was Murle. Once a year in the spring time they had free barbecue sandwiches and would give your dog shots for 6 bucks. Jr's coffee shop, Golden Burger, and the old rock gym. That was back before Keller sucked as bad as it does now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The days when you could walk in to a mall department store and buy a hunting rifle, and no one cared.

My first rifle was a Marlin 30-30 from Montgomery Wards

Comment

Rear window gun racks. Back in highschool I had a shotgun and one rack and a baseball bat on the other. I never would have dreamed of doing anything but bird hunt with the shotgun. The baseball bat could serve mutipal roles if someone got sidways with me. Those days a long gone. I guess we just had better sence back then.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            Same can be said for Mother's being invested in their family.

Family values and morals would bring back a lot of stuff if more people had them.
            That's is very true!!

Comment

Before def fluid

Comment

The green CuradoSF

The CB radio

The standard transmission

Polished aluminum wheels (NOT BLACK)

Blued American rifles with walnut stocks

Dr King

Mr Reagan

.22 cal Benjamin pellet rifles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Disco

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Rear window gun racks. Back in highschool I had a shotgun and one rack and a baseball bat on the other. I never would have dreamed of doing anything but bird hunt with the shotgun. The baseball bat could serve mutipal roles if someone got sidways with me. Those days a long gone. I guess we just had better sence back then.

Hoggslayer
                    People were more courteous when everyone carried a gun.

Comment

7.3l

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                        Yep! Grew up in Keller. My folks still live there. If I'm at their house and need to hit the hardware store, that's where I go. Not sure how long it's been there, but I'm 41 and can remember going there as a kid. My dad still shops there regularly. I sure wish the old butcher was across the street. It's been turned into a compressor shop and last time I paid any attention, the old Keller Feed Store was still a lawnmower shop. Both of those changed some years ago. I remember when there was only one grocery store in Keller and that was the Food Fare which was about a block south of there. The "Keller Bum" spit on my little brother one time while mom was pushing the grocery cart with my brother riding in the bottom of the cart. Ha! Good times. I remember when Keller was less than 2,500 people, a bunch of cows and horses and Keller Pkwy was still called FM1709, was two lanes and the speed limit was 55. Our address back then was Route 1, Box 44A. Man, that place just ain't the same....

Remember when the big cars came to Green Valley? You could hear them all over town. We went to church in Smithfield, driving down Smithfield road was a ride in the country from Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          My barber still does it. It is awesome.

Not in my neck of the woods. Had one 5-7 years ago but closed down unfortunately. Mostly just chains around here . . . And people I wouldn’t trust with a straight blade around my neck

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Wood bed in pickup trucks
                            The a/c was a 455..... four windows down running 55
                            Swamp coolers were heaven
                            Riding in the back of a truck and no one thought anything about it
                            Fishing with a cane pole.
                            A box of 22s were 50 cents
                            Dr Pepper and peanuts

Comment

The 5 gallon toilet.

Comment

Going to the one grocery store in town for dad on my bicycle, signing receipt for credit, everyone knew everyone.
                                Walking to and from elementary school with friends, never concerned about any dangers,... except Doberman's down the dirt road.
                                Running Colorado River all summer long, only going home to eat and check in at night.
                                Entertained with a fishing pole and 22 long rifle, only care was how many worms or how much ammo I had.
                                Knowing the Sherriff and his entire family by name.
                                Everyone in town knew my dad, which made it easy to be respectful to any adult and not get into any trouble.
                                Being a kid meant being outside and never being bored. We used imagination and learned how to have fun. Settled our issues like boys and made us all tight. Drank from garden hoses and looked forward to cool aid and cold watermelon.

Comment

Working...
                                X