X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
    Hairy nookie should be banned FOREVER!!

So should UT football....
    Word!!! It should be clean as an otter slide!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Well, your E.O.T. is G.A.Y.
      Hey now, that's Fred you're talking about

Comment

I'll be 50 next year and I wish I could go back to the 70's when times were much simpler.
        I could go on forever but here are a few of the things that made me happy.
        Wood burning kits
        Sling shots
        Riding in the back of the truck with my Brother and Sister.
        Sears Wish books
        The Bicycle in the wish Book that had shocks like a dirt bike. (that thing must have weighted 100lbs)
        Daisy Pump BB guns (the kind that took you and a friend to cock if you were under 7 years old)
        Go carts with a String tied to the throttle that you pulled over your shoulder.
        Tree houses engineered by a 10 year old 25 ft off the ground.
        Bike ramps made by stacking old tires and a 2x6.
        Ice packs (the old kind that you put Ice in for your ankle when you tried jumping the ramp above)
        Chevy Luv Trucks.
        My Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by juanmcasasjr View Post
          Amen To the paddle Brother. Bring it back and if the kid's father steps in, maybe the father needs a paddling too
          Heck my father did step in, but he had his own paddle for his piece of the action. If I got my butt paddled at school I got it paddled again at home.

Comment

Old time babershops with the straight razor shave. They are getting harder and harder to find.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Round toe boots

Comment

Originally posted by juanmcasasjr View Post
                Amen To the paddle Brother. Bring it back and if the kid's father steps in, maybe the father needs a paddling too
                Ha. My dad and the ag teacher was fishing buddies. That was the LAST time i ever dipped in ag class I can tell you that much. Got lit up twice that day

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  Old time babershops with the straight razor shave. They are getting harder and harder to find.

Sierracharlie out…
                  My barber still does it. It is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                    Foot operated headlight switch.

Those are well and good till it shorts out from years of wet and muddy feet working it and it shorts out and you have no lights going 75 down the highway.

Some of you folks are nuts. Who in their right mind wants floor or door vents over an A/C that blows COLD air when its 110 outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are 6 or 7 days a year here that the outside air is just right

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        As much as I enjoy the convenience and selection at Home Depot and Lowe’s I really miss the old Mom and Pop hardware stores. I have great memories memories of tagging along with my dad on Saturday mornings. They are still around I guess but now you have to be in a pretty small, isolated town to find one.
                        Originally posted by GrapeApe View Post
                        Real hardware stores, not this ACE bs. A&M/UT football games. Drive-in Theaters. Respect for police, teachers, authority, neighbors. Pea gravel threads. Real butcher shops.
                        Most of the little towns in SE Iowa still have real hardware stores. You can buy guns, ammo, knives, hunting and fishing licenses, bulk nails by the pound, elevated lumber bins out back as well as all the standard hardware stock.

Here is the oldest one still in business.

Serving as the oldest hardware store in Iowa, New Providence hardware has been helping the community solve its problems for over 150 years. While the ownership and community that surrounds New Providence Hardware Store has changed some over the time, the one thing to remain the same the friendly faces when you walk in the door and a wide range of products to help tackle any project you might be working on.
                        Last edited by Arrowsmith; 03-16-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          For all you boys that miss the old school hardware store, and you're in the greater Ft. Worth area: take a trip through McDonnells in Keller. The store was owned by a high school class mates grandfather. As the grand dad got old he gave store to my classmate. Grandad took pride in, and the legacy lives on, of having all the off the wall stuff a guy could ever need. Cool place.

Mark Keel is the owner, great guy.
                          Yep! Grew up in Keller. My folks still live there. If I'm at their house and need to hit the hardware store, that's where I go. Not sure how long it's been there, but I'm 41 and can remember going there as a kid. My dad still shops there regularly. I sure wish the old butcher was across the street. It's been turned into a compressor shop and last time I paid any attention, the old Keller Feed Store was still a lawnmower shop. Both of those changed some years ago. I remember when there was only one grocery store in Keller and that was the Food Fare which was about a block south of there. The "Keller Bum" spit on my little brother one time while mom was pushing the grocery cart with my brother riding in the bottom of the cart. Ha! Good times. I remember when Keller was less than 2,500 people, a bunch of cows and horses and Keller Pkwy was still called FM1709, was two lanes and the speed limit was 55. Our address back then was Route 1, Box 44A. Man, that place just ain't the same....

Comment

Smoking in the Doctors office.

Comment

How about an auto parts store where the employees really know stuff about cars

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                                How about an auto parts store where the employees really know stuff about cars
                                I'd settle of one that sold a water pump or starter that lasted longer than 1 1/2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X