• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
    November 4th
    Full Beaver Moon 1:23 am

December 3rd
    Full Cold Moon 10:47 am

The hunters moon was in October. Tonight is the full beaver moon.
    you can't say "full beaver" on TBH.......

Comment

Hang on, the seventh graders will be waking shortly. This will make their day.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Full moon in November is the hunters moon. They don't call it that because it sounds cool. Once you let you eyes adjust you can see very well on a full moon.
        Other than being off by a month, care to share some hunting stories about hunters moon hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
          On a real cloudy day it is pitch black 30 minutes after sunset.
          Yes sir, it is. But it is still legal to hunt for thirty minutes after sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Use a suppressor if you do
            Is that the same thing as limbsavers

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              ...how long have you been deer hunting?
              Thirty four years and I can't believe that it took this long to realize that I was missing out on some good hunting when the moon if full.

Comment

Man this can't be real. Other than being real funny.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  I like to hunt with my spotlight as the full moon is only once a month.
                  Originally posted by Texifornia View Post
                  Right!
                  for the most part, but there is such a thing as a "Blue moon".

Comment

OK, so there's a rule. So I won't deer hunt by moonlight. I knew that there had to be a catch. But I will still use the hunt until I can't see to shoot method to determine quitting time. I don't wear a watch. I'm not going to look at my phone to check the time as it blinds me. With my old eyes I'm probably legal anyway. If I'm off by a couple of minutes no one will know, including myself.
                    Set your phone with a real loud alarm for 30 minutes after sundown.

Comment

You can pig hunt by moonlight.

Comment

Shoot all the pigs, varmints, and exotic critters you want! You may wanna wait til sunrise for our whitetail friend

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                          I like to hunt with my spotlight as the full moon is only once a month.
                          If you use a REALLY bright spotlight it blinds the deer and they can't run away. You can get lots of shots off then.

Comment

I'm pretty new here, but I'm almost positive this is a prank or a punchline is coming in due time lol

Comment

So thirty minutes after sundown my hunt turns from a deer hunt into a pig hunt. Easy enough. Do I have to get out of the blind and do something to make it an official change of game? Go get my green lens flashlight or something? Maybe I had better take down those solar powered lights that I have mounted around the perimeter of my feeder pen. They turn on about ten minutes before dark. Or I suppose that I could just think to myself that the deer hunting is stopped and the hog hunting has started. The game warden is really going to be confused when I explain all this to him.

Comment

November 4th
                                Full Beaver Moon 1:23 am

December 3rd
                                Full Cold Moon 10:47 am

The hunters moon was in October. Tonight is the full beaver moon.

Well, I was going deer hunting this weekend. Not anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X