Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
    Yep!

the only way to hunt Granger in the hot months, is to bait and wait near a place where they are going to wallow.
    Will consider that, have the permethin, did not plan on doing too much walking anyway. Will probably have another longbow that should be here this week, or so. MOAB will get a rest. Killing all thos pigs at GRXH got her tired. New bow is a Big River 21st Century clone that pulls @3# more (63# was a bit light) and will be pushing the new Grizzly Instinct heads. They got through 1/2" plywood like a 12 gauge slug.
    Last edited by Wudstix; 04-27-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Yep!

the only way to hunt Granger in the hot months, is to bait and wait near a place where they are going to wallow.
      Me and austinhunter30 usally cruise the river in the boat drinking beer and shooting them with our shotguns

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        Me and austinhunter30 usally cruise the river in the boat drinking beer and shooting them with our shotguns
        So thats you!!!! Messed up more opportunties for a knife kill for me than you will ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
          Will consider that, have the permethin, did not plan on doing too much walking anyway. Will probably have another longbow that should be here this week, or so. MOAB will get a rest. Killing all thos pigs at GRXH got her tired. New bow is a Big River 21st Century clone that pulls @3# more (63# was a bit light) and will be pushing the new Grizzly Instinct heads. They got through 1/2" plywood like a 12 gauge slug.
          let me know when you want to go, I'll be happy to join you

can I tag along, if I bring beer to share and a whole bunch of blaze orange for us not to wear?

Comment

Let me know Wood and I'll try and make it out. Prolly won't hunt much other than corn but it would be good to be out there

Comment

I'm thinking about bringing some stinky corn and some fresh to set up a good site and maybe bring a short ladder to cut my scent signature. I'll PM you both if and when Iget to go. First look is the Wednesday thru Friday before the next holiday. Then head home saturday evening. Hopefully with a cooler full of pork.

Comment

don't forget your spotlights so y'all can go after them into the wee hours of the night

Comment

It's finally here after 2 months and 12 days. I'm in love with the look other than the cams, which will be going back to be coated to match the bow. Now for some accessory shopping.

Comment

Comment

cant drink all day if you dont start in the morning

Real classy. I'm glad this group is so sensitive to those who had lost friends and love ones to DUI / BUI accidents.

Please re-think drinking next time you take control of a boat. If you don't care about your own safety, please consider the others you share the lake with.

Comment

Should get good reception even at Granger, Hee-hee. Wood bows don't have any static. Looking to have a very pretty Big River Longbow in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
                          Real classy. I'm glad this group is so sensitive to those who had lost friends and love ones to DUI / BUI accidents.

Please re-think drinking next time you take control of a boat. If you don't care about your own safety, please consider the others you share the lake with.
                          Austinhunterdude, I liked you a whole lot better when you showed some attitude and was punking some of these woodticks! You're no fun anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                            That's just my color. I love it.
                            Orange you glad its finally here

Comment

Dirtymike - that is a sweet paintjob on that bow. Is that how it comes from the factory or did you have it done custom?

I've been reading the boards for a couple of weeks, may as well introduce myself. I've just taken up archery/bowhunting. Never hunted hogs, as a kid we'd drive around in my granddad's pickup and shoot deer on our ranch. That was over 25 years ago, so Im pretty much starting from scratch.

You may start seeing a blue dodge ram at some of the sites, that'll be me. Hope to meet ya'll in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                                I'm thinking about bringing some stinky corn and some fresh to set up a good site and maybe bring a short ladder to cut my scent signature. I'll PM you both if and when Iget to go. First look is the Wednesday thru Friday before the next holiday. Then head home saturday evening. Hopefully with a cooler full of pork.
                                Wife n girls going on a Girl Scout annual camp out in Marble Falls. I'd like to hunt this Friday or Saturday. Let me know if I can join up with y'all. Thanks. Pm inbound.

Comment

Working...
                                X