• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
    Sad thats all I got.
    x2

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      It is interesting how people can make so many assumptions based on a newspaper article.
      I make mine, based on my dog and I walking up on a 80 pound pit bull dog. Good ol George is alot of things, Smart is not one of them

Comment

I hope he doesn't find any illegals wandering on his property.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          I own a Jack Russel and don't doubt for a minute that if we were to walk up on a Bear, He would jump on it. Jack Russels are nuts. He most likely shot the Bear to save his dog.
          This is more of what I believe really happened. I doubt the bear even noticed guy with two jack russels barking at him and heading right for him. Can't blame him for saving his dogs, but I still don't buy he himself felt threatened. Of course that is teh best story tell no matter what really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by dessl View Post
            I hope he doesn't find any illegals wandering on his property.
            I hope they aren't wearing baby bear costumes or dressed like teddy ruxpin.

Comment

I make mine, based on my dog and I walking up on a 80 pound pit bull dog. Good ol George is alot of things, Smart is not one of them
              I think most Jack Russels drink tequila, because they all think they are 10' tall and bullet proof......

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                So now we can deduct that a man is a liar from a news story?
                I can further deduce that the bear must have had rabies since it was headed for water and in a bad mood. jk

Comment

I own a Jack Russel and don't doubt for a minute that if we were to walk up on a Bear, He would jump on it. Jack Russels are nuts. He most likely shot the Bear to save his dog.
                  Thats exactly what I am feeling on this one as well....

As far as being a liar, etc... IMO, that's not our business, that's the business of the game wardens and state folks

Comment

Hate that the bear had to be killed. Its good to see them coming back into texas. I wasn't there so don't want to rush to judgement.

Comment

sad

Comment

I would think that if the guy was up to no good he would not have "immediately" notified the authorities...

If I had a ranch, I would carry a gun...and if myself, my family, or my dogs were ever at risk of being harmed by a bear (or any other critter)...you bet your darn butt I'd kill it...

I personally don't know the "whole" story...but from what I have read (IMO) I think it was justified.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                          That is a shame, that bear was killed within a very short distance from my lease!!!! Would be awesome to see a bear on our place
                          A bear on your lease will re-define deer feeders.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm with Rigaud on this one....ABSOLUTELY SAD!

I sure hope the few bears that have managed to make it to Kerr, Edwards and Val Verde counties can find a way to survive within the region?

Guess I need to zip over to the west side of the county here shortly to check some of my photography scenes...maybe...just maybe.

Comment

Wow, sad to see so many pass judgement on a man from a story. If I walked up on a pool and a bear came over the other side I would blast it, 15 pounds or 500 I wouldnt care, Im guessing if it were a 100 pound mountain lion the feelings would be different even though both can kill you grave yard dead regardless of the endangered part.

Comment

"A Kerr County man who lives on a private wildlife preserve shot and killed a black bear that wandered on to the land apparently seeking water...." Oxymoron!!!!

Black bear kill more humans than griz, but if its a wildlife preserve I'd think the bear had found himself a good home.

Comment

Working...
                                X