TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's All About the Video (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   3of4 Bull Elk Tags Punched NM DIY (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637596)

TGoody 03-09-2017 09:40 AM

3of4 Bull Elk Tags Punched NM DIY
 
Draw time is coming!!! Just finished up our video from last year's New Mexico hunt! Between the 4 of us we put down 3 monster Bulls! The video is kinda long but I wanted to show the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a hunt. Chasing big game on public lands is by far the toughest yet most rewarding hunting you can do!! So here ya go! If you're using a computer, click the gear box on the bottom right corner and select 1080p HD for best quality. Also it helps to be on wifi! Enjoy!!!

In 11 days, I lost 9lbs... But we put in the work, got off the roads, and saw Elk everyday!!!

https://youtu.be/TaTnYVfh9Qw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFAbowhunter 03-09-2017 10:29 AM

Cool video! And great bulls! Congrats!

Arrow Slinger 03-09-2017 10:37 AM

Monster bulls! Really cool footage. Wonder if the end results would have been different if the cameras would have made that last trip. Can't wait till next fall.

topshot 03-09-2017 10:39 AM

Thanks for sharing!

salth2o 03-09-2017 10:41 AM

Very cool video. I dream of going on an elk hunt.

Mexico 03-09-2017 11:13 AM

BEST video I've seen in a long time! That NM country side is stunning!

TGoody 03-09-2017 11:32 AM

Thanks Guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow Slinger (Post 12266561)
Monster bulls! Really cool footage. Wonder if the end results would have been different if the cameras would have made that last trip. Can't wait till next fall.


Prolly not man! We get too wrapped up in trying to make sure everything is on film and there's a lot of, "no, not yet, I'm not on him..." Then the shot is gone! Sometimes you gotta put the distractions away and get serious!!!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingranch 03-09-2017 11:55 AM

true hunt here.. good job guys

unless i get old and moldy I refuse to pay a guide ... then you miss out on all the stuff a real hunt is made of..mistakes, laughter and your friends

mev002 03-09-2017 12:20 PM

That was great man, really great video. Looks like it was a tough, but great hunt.

TGoody 03-09-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGoody (Post 12266717)
Thanks Guys




Prolly not man! We get too wrapped up in trying to make sure everything is on film and there's a lot of, "no, not yet, I'm not on him..." Then the shot is gone! Sometimes you gotta put the distractions away and get serious!!!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry man, I meant PROLLY SO!!! If we would've had the cameras, we would've been too worried about getting it on film and been left empty handed...

solocam_aggie 03-09-2017 12:54 PM

Excellent video. Man I want to do this type of hunting so bad. Maybe one day...

UncleBubba 03-09-2017 12:57 PM

Tagged for later!

IowaHunter 03-09-2017 01:01 PM

Wow that was greatness! Monsters that will eat well for a long time too.

Jzoch 03-09-2017 01:29 PM

Man, that was some sweet video editing and GREAT footage. Congrats on an awesome hunt!!

Truckville 03-09-2017 01:37 PM

Great video, thanks for sharing. I really appreciate you showing some of the hard work that goes into chasing those giants.

lanceodom 03-09-2017 01:39 PM

Fantastic! Elk hunting is the most frustrating and rewarding and you captured it right there! You fellas did well and the video was amazing. Can you give some insight on the cameras you used. I saw the go pro and the drone but did you have another HD camera? Editing software etc? By the way, the music seemed to fit perfectly. Congrats and I can't wait to see 2017 footage.

TXhunter77 03-09-2017 01:52 PM

Awesome video

herd90 03-09-2017 02:17 PM

Superb!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TGoody 03-09-2017 03:06 PM

Thanks Guys!! I really appreciate the kind words. I take a lot pride in my photography/film/editing... whatever you wanna call it haha It's very time consuming but it's great to have something to look back on years down the road!!!

And yea it was my first trip, but the other guys had a few under their belt... Maybe why they were more successful haha

It started out just 4 of us with 2 tags... When the 6x9 went down, those two guys headed home. Then my partner had to get back to work around day 7. Luckily enough while out on my own, I ran into 2 other hunters with 2 of the same tags. Come to find out, we were all 3 K9 Handlers for the same organization (just different States) so needless to say we hit it off real well. They took me in and allowed me to hunt with them on my last days. They could simply "talk elk"... every time we went out... we had encounters... I could've let the arrow fly a couple times, but all I could see was head and neck from the side and I just couldn't bring myself to risk it! We had been hard at it for so long, the last thing I wanted to do was spend another day tracking a wounded animal... but like I said, the experience was GREAT!! Greatest hunt I had every been a part of and I've been hunting for a very long time and seen some pretty cool stuff, but Public Land Big Game Hunting takes the CAKE, no doubt!!!

Thanks Again Fellas

JWF 03-09-2017 04:52 PM

Awesome video and hats off to you for a valiant effort

Maui-diver 03-09-2017 06:25 PM

What a great video!! Thanks for sharing

MPADILLA 03-09-2017 07:05 PM

What units?

LWC 03-09-2017 07:16 PM

What drainage???:D:D:D

Reedimus 03-09-2017 07:43 PM

Good stuff man, thanks for sharing

careybirdwell 03-09-2017 07:51 PM

Great Video & Awesome Hunt

TGoody 03-09-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanceodom (Post 12267106)
Fantastic! Elk hunting is the most frustrating and rewarding and you captured it right there! You fellas did well and the video was amazing. Can you give some insight on the cameras you used. I saw the go pro and the drone but did you have another HD camera? Editing software etc? By the way, the music seemed to fit perfectly. Congrats and I can't wait to see 2017 footage.


Thanks for noticing the music. Some people don't care but for some reason that always bugs the crap outta me. I always try to find real suitable, matching music for every video

We had 4 GoPros. All set in different modes/settings for certain shots/scenes.
2 Sony Handycams (which were used the most) don't remember model #s
The drone footage was from early season scout trips, not during the Hunt (that's illegal, although that would've been awesome haha)

For editing I have Windows, use PowerDirector 13 Suite. Be been using it for years and love it! I don't even use most of the cool stuff it can do

I have other hunting videos on my channel if you ever get bored, all filmed with same cameras and edited on same program



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGoody 03-09-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPADILLA (Post 12268007)
What units?



All in 17, deep backwoods way off the roads


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGoody 03-09-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWC (Post 12268035)
What drainage???:D:D:D



Did you notice all the times I had to mute the talking so we didn't give away names of locations lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EW89 03-09-2017 09:40 PM

Very nice.

OleTomTalker 03-10-2017 01:29 PM

Awesome job!

simek 03-10-2017 04:11 PM

Mad props on the video amigo...well done! And, helluva trip for your first elk hunt!

lanceodom 03-10-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGoody (Post 12268482)
Thanks for noticing the music. Some people don't care but for some reason that always bugs the crap outta me. I always try to find real suitable, matching music for every video

We had 4 GoPros. All set in different modes/settings for certain shots/scenes.
2 Sony Handycams (which were used the most) don't remember model #s
The drone footage was from early season scout trips, not during the Hunt (that's illegal, although that would've been awesome haha)

For editing I have Windows, use PowerDirector 13 Suite. Be been using it for years and love it! I don't even use most of the cool stuff it can do

I have other hunting videos on my channel if you ever get bored, all filmed with same cameras and edited on same program



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gracias! I will check them out!

TGoody 03-11-2017 09:59 AM

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the kind words! There's so much work in editing but it's fun.. Sometimes... Haha sometimes your computer crashes and you lose everything... Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steady_Hand 03-11-2017 10:58 PM

Best video I've seen in a long time ! Thanks for sharing your journey, looked like a heck of a time!

TGoody 03-12-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steady_Hand (Post 12273196)
Best video I've seen in a long time ! Thanks for sharing your journey, looked like a heck of a time!

Thanks man! Great Times! Putting the Wife in this year too, after the video she wants some too lol

brianlg31 03-13-2017 07:48 AM

Man that awesome! Great coverage of a great experience.

Booner Sooner 03-15-2017 11:52 PM

Really nice work. Most folks don't understand the hard work that goes into creating a video of this quality. Hats off to you.

letsgoboys8204 03-17-2017 01:32 PM

Awesome work super video and production good luck this season

Bowhuntinonly 03-18-2017 05:48 AM

camp
 
That was awesome and thanks for taking us along!

TGoody 03-19-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booner Sooner (Post 12282665)
Really nice work. Most folks don't understand the hard work that goes into creating a video of this quality. Hats off to you.



Thanks Guys! When I first got into editing and filming I didn't know how much really went into all of it... It's very time consuming!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cazador 03-19-2017 09:50 PM

Well done video! Thanks for taking the time to give us a real look at what goes into a NM DIY elk hunt. Cool stuff!

Deathrow Jethro 03-20-2017 02:14 PM

Just watched the video and I was blown away at the quality of it. I have subscribed and will be checking out your other videos as well.

nickstone 03-20-2017 06:54 PM

awesome

TGoody 03-22-2017 02:28 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrow Jethro (Post 12292679)
Just watched the video and I was blown away at the quality of it. I have subscribed and will be checking out your other videos as well.


Thanks, there's several duck hunts from back home in Arkansas and a promo video for a Friend of mines Ranch/Outfitter.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGoody 04-14-2017 11:31 AM

Well, draw results are out... I didn't draw anything and I had put in for 4 different animals, BUT the wife got a Muley tag so she's pumped!!! I get to film the hunt so I'm pretty happy myself! May buy an Elk landowner tag if I can't fight the itch... Only time will tell but they sure are **** proud of them LO Elk tags in NM :(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twdjr 04-16-2017 06:06 PM

Very Nice Video!

Thanks for sharing!

TGoody 04-20-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twdjr (Post 12360078)
Very Nice Video!

Thanks for sharing!



Appreciate it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laredoarcher 04-20-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGoody (Post 12355828)
Well, draw results are out... I didn't draw anything and I had put in for 4 different animals, BUT the wife got a Muley tag so she's pumped!!! I get to film the hunt so I'm pretty happy myself! May buy an Elk landowner tag if I can't fight the itch... Only time will tell but they sure are **** proud of them LO Elk tags in NM :(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing stuff man. Great video. Sure is addicting filming the hunt. You K-9?

TGoody 04-21-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laredoarcher (Post 12371953)
Amazing stuff man. Great video. Sure is addicting filming the hunt. You K-9?



Yessir! Well I'm not, but my partner is haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbyayala 04-24-2017 01:14 PM

Man I watched this video from start to finish! Awesome video! Great footage & even better work putting it all together for us! Thanks for taking us along amigo!! Congrats!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com