TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Made it to Kentucky!!! (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712237)

Landrover 11-08-2018 04:19 PM

Made it to Kentucky!!!
 
I had mentioned this trip a few months ago . Well, me and a high school classmate got in at midnight. [emoji6] Scouted this morning. We are on our 1st sit now and it is 47 degrees. Youngster just walked by at 21 yds. 8 pointer, but I hope his pawpaw is close behind.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fdd304544c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...30ef9afb64.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6552eed325.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Roy D Mercer 11-08-2018 04:23 PM

Good luck!! Try and keep it live.

lab man 11-08-2018 04:23 PM

Good luck

roberts 11-08-2018 04:24 PM

Good luck. Hope you get pawpaw.....

Bayouboy 11-08-2018 04:33 PM

I will be hunting there next year. Good luck.

txoutdoorsman24 11-08-2018 04:33 PM

Man y’all are killin me with them gray low temps. Lol. It’s still 90 plus in Deep South Texas. Temps should drop manana though

Good luck Mr Oscar. Get you a biggun

Mexico 11-08-2018 04:33 PM

Good luck!!

Old Mathews 11-08-2018 04:39 PM

Good luck. What part of Kentucky?

Landrover 11-08-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Mathews (Post 13770443)
Good luck. What part of Kentucky?

Hopkinsville near Ft. Campbell.
Temps just dropped this week we were told. We know of a 140" and a 162" killed nearby. We hope to get lucky b4 the boom stick folks get cranked up on Saturday morning.[emoji33]


Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RaginCagin 11-08-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayouboy (Post 13770415)
I will be hunting there next year. Good luck.

Sure hope you booked 2 spots:D


Good luck Landrover. Kentucky and Montana are on my bucket list.

BrandonA 11-08-2018 05:32 PM

I have a Friend that has a 4500 acre lease that is both Ohio and Kentucy. I've been invited to join for $2500. Think next yr I'm going to. They kill 180-200" deer every year. Good luck Oscar

freezerfiller 11-08-2018 05:36 PM

Good luck

mikey2 11-08-2018 06:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I left Kentucky yesterday (Woodford county) you probably hit it just right they are starting to chase I was a week early passed some good deer waiting for a monster. Had trail cam pics of him nearly every night. Good luck! I love Kentucky.

dadogg 11-08-2018 06:26 PM

Good Luck

Landrover 11-08-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonA (Post 13770575)
I have a Friend that has a 4500 acre lease that is both Ohio and Kentucy. I've been invited to join for $2500. Think next yr I'm going to. They kill 180-200" deer every year. Good luck Oscar

I would take it in a heartbeat!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Landrover 11-08-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey2 (Post 13770676)
I left Kentucky yesterday (Woodford county) you probably hit it just right they are starting to chase I was a week early passed some good deer waiting for a monster. Had trail cam pics of him nearly every night. Good luck! I love Kentucky.

OMG......YEP, not shooting a dink!!!![emoji1662]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cfortner 11-08-2018 06:46 PM

Good luck!

Made me think of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJ0HSWTAP4

BrandonA 11-08-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landrover (Post 13770707)
I would take it in a heartbeat!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes sir I agree.

Bayouboy 11-08-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 13770556)
Sure hope you booked 2 spots:D


Good luck Landrover. Kentucky and Montana are on my bucket list.

No booking necessary. Since Marathon has a refinery there my union chairman counterpart is hooking me up on his private property. You are more than welcome to go. Driving up. Not flying. The trailcam pics he showed me are awesome.

In return he and a buddy are coming to my place to hunt hogs.

Good hillbilly folk. My kinda people!

Bayouboy 11-08-2018 06:58 PM

After Kentucky Ohio is next.

mjhaverkamp 11-08-2018 07:03 PM

Kentucky has some toads running around, good luck, hope yall stick a biggun.

kruppa24 11-08-2018 07:07 PM

Good luck

Landrover 11-08-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfortner (Post 13770721)
Good luck!

Made me think of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJ0HSWTAP4

That would be my theme song for life if I get on a beast like posted earlier!!![emoji106][emoji1662][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BrandonA 11-08-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayouboy (Post 13770738)
No booking necessary. Since Marathon has a refinery there my union chairman counterpart is hooking me up on his private property. You are more than welcome to go. Driving up. Not flying. The trailcam pics he showed me are awesome.

In return he and a buddy are coming to my place to hunt hogs.

Good hillbilly folk. My kinda people!


I have a buddy in Kansas that I've hunted with that is dying to come down here and hunt some hogs.

Brian H 11-08-2018 07:22 PM

Good Luck Oscar.

Landrover 11-08-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian H (Post 13770811)
Good Luck Oscar.

Thx brother.......you got Kansas next Tuesday........be ready!!!![emoji106][emoji1662]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NotJose 11-08-2018 07:53 PM

Good luck


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fritz 11-08-2018 07:53 PM

Good luck

EZ-10RANCH 11-08-2018 07:54 PM

I always enjoy following your hunts. Best of luck!!

Landrover 11-09-2018 07:24 AM

Cold and drizzle but saw a big doe and small 3 pointer so far today. 39 degrees is cold up here....lol!![emoji33]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ca36847874.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2e9a287729.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Johnny Dangerr 11-09-2018 07:27 AM

Good luck bud...............

AlaskaFlyerFan 11-09-2018 07:31 AM

Good luck, sir!

bowhunter_2 11-09-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayouboy (Post 13770742)
After Kentucky Ohio is next.

My fiance is from Ohio, real small farming community. Her family farms a large portion of land up there. We are going up to hunt the whole week of Thanksgiving. Counting down the days;)b

AntlerCollector 11-09-2018 07:52 AM

Always enjoy your hunting threads! Best of luck to you. Kill a big one!

AntlerCollector 11-09-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonA (Post 13770575)
I have a Friend that has a 4500 acre lease that is both Ohio and Kentucy. I've been invited to join for $2500. Think next yr I'm going to. They kill 180-200" deer every year. Good luck Oscar



If you don't want it then I do :)

Let's both get on and car pool

SolocamShooter 11-09-2018 07:56 AM

Good luck!

thegrouse 11-09-2018 07:58 AM

Awesome. I have family the next town over from there. Good luck!

Landrover 11-09-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegrouse (Post 13771806)
Awesome. I have family the next town over from there. Good luck!

We hunting in Cadiz, about 31 miles from the hotel. Beautiful country up here!!!!!![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TX_Hoghunter 11-09-2018 08:45 AM

I have only hunted Kentucky once but I loved it. Good luck.

-john

Goldeneagle 11-09-2018 08:51 AM

Good luck Oscar!

jshouse 11-09-2018 08:53 AM

Good luck;)b

ShawnG 11-09-2018 08:55 AM

Good luck.

Landrover 11-09-2018 09:01 AM

8 pointer from yesterday just blew. He was upwind of me by 50 yards. [emoji848] Not sure what that was about. Doubt he saw me in this drain.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lawhunter 11-09-2018 09:08 AM

Good luck

Slew 11-09-2018 09:12 AM

Pretty country up there! Hope you brought plenty of arrows!:)

Mudslinger 11-09-2018 09:12 AM

Good luck Oscar!

skeeter 11-09-2018 10:56 AM

git sum!

Antlers86 11-09-2018 10:59 AM

Geaux gettem Oscar!!!!

quarterback 11-09-2018 02:51 PM

Good luck Oscar. Stick a good one this evening or in the morning. And then post up pics of the monster buck. Sounds like an awesome place to be hunting.

Landrover 11-09-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quarterback (Post 13772931)
Good luck Oscar. Stick a good one this evening or in the morning. And then post up pics of the monster buck. Sounds like an awesome place to be hunting.

Now that's a plan I can live with!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Been on stand 5 minutes and a spike went by at 50 yds![emoji16] wind swirl is still crazy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com