TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bownanza 2017 (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Team Fajita (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630228)

SKLOSS 01-17-2017 11:21 AM

Team Fajita
 
2 Attachment(s)
After some lengthy discussion in the deer stand with an ice chest full of beer, Todd and I decided to branch out this year with a new team. Having started up and successfully ran Team Chicken Wang for several years, we decided Bownanza needed some fajitas in the mix and thus Team Fajita was born! I found a supplier for pre-marinated beef fajitas this fall that are very tasty and reasonably priced. Being the first year for this team and the fact that it's a spin-off of Team Chicken Wang, we're going to keep it simple. Beef fajitas and grilled onions/peppers. I have no plans of coming up with a shirt, but if someone is energetic enough to head it up by all means have at.

So if you like to burn some meat, drink copious amounts of cold beer, and are handy with a knife you need to be on this team! And even if you have none of those skills sets, we'll still welcome you with open arms! We're all about having fun and meeting new folks. That's what Bownanza is about after all.

The bulk of the cost will be in the fajitas. They're $60/case 10lbs per case. I figure we'll need 5-6 cases. I'll post an itemized list of what we'll need to keep it separate.

SKLOSS 01-17-2017 11:26 AM

The list:

(Don't be afraid to add to it if there's something I missed or you think we need it)

Fajitas - 5-6 cases @ $60/case 1-SKLOSS
Onions - 1 dozen
Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Red Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Jalapenos - 2-3 dozen
Pico -
Salsa -
Tortillas - 20 dozen
Grill - SKLOSS
Griddle - SKLOSS
Propane - SKLOSS
Tables - 2-3
Cutting board/knives - SKLOSS
Fire Extinguisher -
Aluminum foil sheets 9x11? - 1 box
Aluminum pans - 1 dozen
EZ up tent - SKLOSS

Todd-ty729 01-17-2017 11:53 AM

We hunt way too hard!:p

Smart 01-17-2017 11:57 AM

Fire Extinguisher and tables should be covered under team Chicken Wang unless you are moving across the parking lot...

nursejenn 01-17-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 12118882)
Fire Extinguisher and tables should be covered under team Chicken Wang unless you are moving across the parking lot...

Wonder how much I'd have to bribe Mary.... :D :D

Smart 01-17-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursejenn (Post 12118969)
Wonder how much I'd have to bribe Mary.... :D :D

LMAO!!


They will probably cooking next to Todd's truck during his morning nap..:D

SKLOSS 01-17-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 12118882)
Fire Extinguisher and tables should be covered under team Chicken Wang unless you are moving across the parking lot...



We're counting on you to squeeze us in. Being right next to wings is the best spot for cooking purposes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKLOSS 01-17-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd-ty729 (Post 12118864)
We hunt way too hard!:p



We did. You need to set up a blind and feeder within walking distance of camp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LemmeOut 01-17-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKLOSS (Post 12119115)
We're counting on you to squeeze us in. Being right next to wings is the best spot for cooking purposes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're not going to be able to supply boudin balls or meat pies this year so there should be some extra room. The family and I will still be there and helping out but just too much going on to do all the prep work associated with those things. ;)b

SKLOSS 01-17-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemmeOut (Post 12119125)
We're not going to be able to supply boudin balls or meat pies this year so there should be some extra room. The family and I will still be there and helping out but just too much going on to do all the prep work associated with those things. ;)b



I completely understand. Gonna miss them, but I could use some help on the grill. You know Todd is a social butterfly and unless you tie him to the grill, he'll wander off in no time!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LemmeOut 01-17-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKLOSS (Post 12119144)
I completely understand. Gonna miss them, but I could use some help on the grill. You know Todd is a social butterfly and unless you tie him to the grill, he'll wander off in no time!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be able to help char and cut meat for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Smart 01-17-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKLOSS (Post 12119115)
We're counting on you to squeeze us in. Being right next to wings is the best spot for cooking purposes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You're in. I'm sure we'd have room even if boudin and meat pies were coming with Todds mini fortress he builds..:D

No-Walkin STX Hank 01-21-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemmeOut (Post 12119125)
We're not going to be able to supply boudin balls or meat pies this year so there should be some extra room. The family and I will still be there and helping out but just too much going on to do all the prep work associated with those things. ;)b

We are going to miss those boudin balls Chris

Todd-ty729 01-27-2017 10:06 AM

Team fagita? Mass Dinero!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Poco 01-27-2017 03:07 PM

Well if you guys can cook a good fajita I have a wife and daughter that love them. I'll donate towards the expense to help out the new team. ;)b

Fajitas - 5-6 cases @ $60/case 1-SKLOSS, POCO
Onions - 1 dozen
Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Red Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Jalapenos - 2-3 dozen
Pico -
Salsa -
Tortillas - 20 dozen
Grill - SKLOSS
Griddle - SKLOSS
Propane - SKLOSS
Tables - 2-3
Cutting board/knives - SKLOSS
Fire Extinguisher -
Aluminum foil sheets 9x11? - 1 box
Aluminum pans - 1 dozen
EZ up tent - SKLOSS

SKLOSS 01-28-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poco (Post 12151332)
Well if you guys can cook a good fajita I have a wife and daughter that love them. I'll donate towards the expense to help out the new team. ;)b



Fajitas - 5-6 cases @ $60/case 1-SKLOSS, POCO

Onions - 1 dozen

Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 dozen

Red Bell Pepper - 1 dozen

Jalapenos - 2-3 dozen

Pico -

Salsa -

Tortillas - 20 dozen

Grill - SKLOSS

Griddle - SKLOSS

Propane - SKLOSS

Tables - 2-3

Cutting board/knives - SKLOSS

Fire Extinguisher -

Aluminum foil sheets 9x11? - 1 box

Aluminum pans - 1 dozen

EZ up tent - SKLOSS



Good deal! These fajitas are legit!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

live2hunt65 01-28-2017 07:23 PM

I can pitch in also I should be there be happy to help out also

Smart 01-28-2017 09:16 PM

Fajitas - 5-6 cases @ $60/case 1-SKLOSS, POCO, livetohunt65
Onions - 1 dozen
Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Red Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Jalapenos - 2-3 dozen
Pico -
Salsa -
Tortillas - 20 dozen
Grill - SKLOSS
Griddle - SKLOSS
Propane - SKLOSS
Tables - 2-3
Cutting board/knives - SKLOSS
Fire Extinguisher - You can have access to Team Chicken Wangs:D
Aluminum foil sheets 9x11? - 1 box
Aluminum pans - 1 dozen -SMART
EZ up tent - SKLOSS

LemmeOut 02-08-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKLOSS (Post 12119144)
I completely understand. Gonna miss them, but I could use some help on the grill. You know Todd is a social butterfly and unless you tie him to the grill, he'll wander off in no time!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemmeOut (Post 12119156)
I should be able to help char and cut meat for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk


I hate to back on a commitment but I won't be able to help char and cut meat because we won't be making it to Bownanza this year. You may have to chain Todd to the grill so if he does wander off, he is still cooking. :D

Todd-ty729 02-08-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemmeOut (Post 12188299)
I hate to back on a commitment but I won't be able to help char and cut meat because we won't be making it to Bownanza this year. You may have to chain Todd to the grill so if he does wander off, he is still cooking. :D

Well I will be there at least you slacker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Smart 02-09-2017 06:53 AM

Might be smart to bring an electric knife...[emoji848][emoji51]

Mayhem 02-09-2017 07:24 AM

I'll help cut meat in Chris's absence. I love cutting meat.:D

Smart 02-09-2017 09:49 AM

Team Fajita
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaft_slinger00 (Post 12190478)
I'll help cut meat in Chris's absence. I love cutting meat.:D


Justin is not allowed near the grill..[emoji13][emoji12][emoji39][emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...41d8ec5816.jpg

Mayhem 02-09-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 12190943)
Justin is not allowed near the grill..[emoji13][emoji12][emoji39][emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...41d8ec5816.jpg

yeah, that was a grease fire on a infrared grill, which may be a Guinness record because that shouldnt happen.

I got skillz.

No-Walkin STX Hank 02-09-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 12154495)
Fajitas - 5-6 cases @ $60/case 1-SKLOSS, POCO, livetohunt65
Onions - 1 dozen
Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Red Bell Pepper - 1 dozen
Jalapenos - 2-3 dozen
Pico - Hank (mild and spicy)
Salsa -
Tortillas - 20 dozen
Grill - SKLOSS
Griddle - SKLOSS
Propane - SKLOSS
Tables - 2-3
Cutting board/knives - SKLOSS
Fire Extinguisher - You can have access to Team Chicken Wangs:D
Aluminum foil sheets 9x11? - 1 box
Aluminum pans - 1 dozen -SMART
EZ up tent - SKLOSS

updated

SKLOSS 02-13-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 12190943)
Justin is not allowed near the grill..[emoji13][emoji12][emoji39][emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...41d8ec5816.jpg

Seasoning his meat with OFF and an empty beer koozie on the floor?? All sorts of wrong in this pic!!

Erin 02-13-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 12190943)
Justin is not allowed near the grill..[emoji13][emoji12][emoji39][emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...41d8ec5816.jpg

He shouldn't be allowed around knives either! Will we have a first aid kit on one of the teams or should I bring one?

Smart 02-13-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 12200808)
He shouldn't be allowed around knives either! Will we have a first aid kit on one of the teams or should I bring one?


LMAO!! Busted!:D

Mayhem 02-13-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 12200808)
He shouldn't be allowed around knives either! Will we have a first aid kit on one of the teams or should I bring one?



Guess I'll give up cooking since I'm so unsafe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin 02-13-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaft_slinger00 (Post 12200828)
Guess I'll give up cooking since I'm so unsafe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can help Jenn with sandwiches! :D

Mayhem 02-13-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 12200857)
You can help Jenn with sandwiches! :D



I mean at home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart 02-13-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 12200857)
You can help Jenn with sandwiches! :D

LMMFAO!! Dang I could hear that slap from here! Hahahaha!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...9092-Denze.gif

Texantax 02-13-2017 12:49 PM

We're gonna miss it this year Kevin but count me in for next year if everything goes alright:D

MKH 02-13-2017 01:03 PM

Who's going to wake Todd up?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKLOSS 02-13-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texantax (Post 12200875)
We're gonna miss it this year Kevin but count me in for next year if everything goes alright:D

Seriously?? Come on maaaaan!!!

PS you can still donate to the cause!! :D

SKLOSS 02-13-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKH (Post 12200921)
Who's going to wake Todd up?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're trying a new tactic this year... We're not letting him go to sleep til Sat night!!

LemmeOut 02-13-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKLOSS (Post 12201043)
We're trying a new tactic this year... We're not letting him go to sleep til Sat night!!

That didn't work out well for @evenin' only when he tried it in years past. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Todd-ty729 02-13-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKH (Post 12200921)
Who's going to wake Todd up?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been training real hard this year!:cool:

Smart 02-13-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKH (Post 12200921)
Who's going to wake Todd up?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That's been my job the last three years and its getting easier each year.:D But I will revert back to ice water and a fire extinguisher if I need to..:D

Of course the one year he snuck off and went back to sleep in the truck..:D

RascalArms 02-13-2017 04:25 PM

Well if you guys will take on a new hand I'm willing to contribute both funds and meager labor! :o My cooking skill sets and ability is somewhat limited and quite frankly, my work ethic and productivity in general has been questioned in the past. But BY GOSH I will show up! :D
The struggle is real!

Fajitas - 5-6 cases @ $60/case 1-SKLOSS, POCO, livetohunt65, 1 -RascalArms
Onions - 1 dozen
Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 dozen -RascalArms
Red Bell Pepper - 1 dozen -RascalArms
Jalapenos - 2-3 dozen
Pico -
Salsa -
Tortillas - 20 dozen
Grill - SKLOSS
Griddle - SKLOSS
Propane - SKLOSS
Tables - 2-3
Cutting board/knives - SKLOSS
Fire Extinguisher - Team Chicken Wangs
Aluminum foil sheets 9x11? - 1 box
Aluminum pans - 1 dozen -SMART
EZ up tent - SKLOSS

louieagarcia 02-13-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 12200857)
You can help Jenn with sandwiches! :D

Drops mic....walks off stage :eek:

Lmao!!! :D

SKLOSS 02-13-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RascalArms (Post 12201632)
Well if you guys will take on a new hand I'm willing to contribute both funds and meager labor! :o My cooking skill sets and ability is somewhat limited and quite frankly, my work ethic and productivity in general has been questioned in the past. But BY GOSH I will show up! :D

The struggle is real!


Welcome aboard! It's gonna be a fun ride!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart 02-13-2017 06:49 PM

Awesome Rascal/Joel!! Thanks for helping out!

You will be elbow to elbow with us at Team Chicken Wing so you'll be in good company....well except Todd..:p..:p

Witchgrass 02-13-2017 09:41 PM

Team Fajitas, y'all need any help? ( Not that I'd really be that much help, but I'm coming to Nanza, and need/want some seasoned vets in my corner) ��

LemmeOut 02-13-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchgrass (Post 12202845)
Team Fajitas, y'all need any help? ( Not that I'd really be that much help, but I'm coming to Nanza, and need/want some seasoned vets in my corner)

Skloss and the folks of Team Wing (that they share space with) are a lot of fun, some of them have a lot more salt then pepper when it comes to seasoning. Now Todd, that guy can slack with the best of slackers but he can pack a trailer and make a list like nobody's business. Honestly, I think that's why Smart lets him hang around the team. [emoji3]

You'll enjoy thus team Craig, they're a hoot to be around. I'm glad you're going to Bownanza, you will really enjoy it and I'm even more sorry I won't get to be there so I can catch up with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Smart 02-13-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchgrass (Post 12202845)
Team Fajitas, y'all need any help? ( Not that I'd really be that much help, but I'm coming to Nanza, and need/want some seasoned vets in my corner) ��


Skloss is probably asleep counting pigs under his feeders..:D I'm sure he'll welcome you on tomorrow..:D

Smart 02-13-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemmeOut (Post 12202907)
Skloss and the folks of Team Wing (that they share space with) are a lot of fun, some of them have a lot more salt then pepper when it comes to seasoning. Now Todd, that guy can slack with the best of slackers but he can pack a trailer and make a list like nobody's business. Honestly, I think that's why Smart lets him hang around the team. [emoji3]


LMAO!!:cool:

Witchgrass 02-13-2017 11:30 PM

Looking forward to it guys!

SKLOSS 02-14-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchgrass (Post 12202845)
Team Fajitas, y'all need any help? ( Not that I'd really be that much help, but I'm coming to Nanza, and need/want some seasoned vets in my corner) ��

Absolutely! The more the merrier! Still several items on the list for people to bring.

SKLOSS 02-28-2017 10:44 PM

Still looking for recruits. You won't be disappointed in the entertainment that this group provides!!


Oh look a squirrel!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com