Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone gets a trophy....Rant

Ladies a d Gentleman,

I read an article that and got me fed up what we and our educators are doing to our kids. I am sick of mental health and wellness being used to produce lazy kids who think that just showing up is good enough. I don't see how this produces kids that are capable of the ups and downs life will hit them with.

Article: https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/09/with-student-mental-health-mind-cincinnati-area-school-ditches-valedictorian-salutatorian-honors/[/URL]https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/09/with-student-mental-health-mind-cincinnati-area-school-ditches-valedictorian-salutatorian-honors/

I am likely younger than a lot of you but growing we won or we lost. My parents and coaches reminded me that losing to a better team or athlete should serve to challenge me to get better.

I feel like we have softened our children to the point that we are in terrible trouble as a country. I do not want to imagine these snowflakes on the battle field or the workforce.

I sure hope I am not the only one.

Word

Comment

Lord these kids would want to kill them self’s if they had to suffer the punishment our coaches dealt out When we lost a game . Being run till the whole team puked , then have to get in-line to receive pops , then made to run wind sprints till we all puked again “ losing was unfathomable “coach’s would call your parents and complain about how soft we were, times have changed since the 1980’s and I don’t think that stuff would fly today

When I was in high school some guys got in a argument over a parking spot with a girl who was a dwarf ( pc little person) and locked her in the trunk of her Volkswagen till someone found her at lunch, the teachers and school thought it was hilarious, if something like that happened nowadays the school would be sued and it would probably make national news headlines ! Different times, different atmosphere
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-12-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I wish I knew how to post the emoji hashtag thing of the guy shaking his head.

I’ll say this, that crap doesn’t work at my company and it doesn’t work in a Marine Corps Infantry battalion. The real world is gonna eat these kids up and spit out their bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          Ladies a d Gentleman,

I read an article that and got me fed up what we and our educators are doing to our kids. I am sick of mental health and wellness being used to produce lazy kids who think that just showing up is good enough. I don't see how this produces kids that are capable of the ups and downs life will hit them with.

Article: https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/09/with-student-mental-health-mind-cincinnati-area-school-ditches-valedictorian-salutatorian-honors/[/URL]https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/09/with-student-mental-health-mind-cincinnati-area-school-ditches-valedictorian-salutatorian-honors/

I am likely younger than a lot of you but growing we won or we lost. My parents and coaches reminded me that losing to a better team or athlete should serve to challenge me to get better.

I feel like we have softened our children to the point that we are in terrible trouble as a country. I do not want to imagine these snowflakes on the battle field or the workforce.

The "softening" began about 20 years ago... no turning back the tide now I'm afraid.

Comment

The Bible tells us that we should rejoice in our sufferings because trials and tribulations produce perseverance and character and character produces hope.
            That is why we have school shootings and all sorts of evil, these kids have no character or hope if they believe this garbage. They are teaching kids math that if you don't get the correct answer it is ok just tell how you came up with the number and you get a passing grade. So train them to be lazy and misguided.

Comment

Yep,

My opinion is that a lot of folks who kill themselves are ones who never learned how to deal with loss.

Comment

I just wish more Families would handle their own business instead of caring about what others do or think that doesn't affect them.

You should work to be the best no matter what they give you at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Yep,

My opinion is that a lot of folks who kill themselves are ones who never learned how to deal with loss.
                  I would have to agree. I have worked as an LEO and have responded to more than one suicide attempt over a break-up or failed test. Sad thing is a few were completed over this BS. We have removed these children's coping skills and turned them into weak human beings.

Comment

My wife is a kindergarten teacher, and she is sctually switching schools this year, because they want to move her to 4th grade. We are firmly against standardized testing and the pussification of of these kids so she is moving jobs to stay in kinder. Her students learn lessons that will set them apart from even their peers in first grade after she's done with them.
                    We have two boys that don't get to keep their participation trophies. They are taught everyday that "If you ain't first, you're last." Last may not mean you die, but you better be TRYING YOUR DA__DEST to get first.
                    I understand exactly where you're coming from with this post, OP, as I struggle with it EVERYDAY, so at least rest assured that there are some of us left that are trying to raise our kids with some integrity, and at least in my house, we celebrate MASCULINITY because it is not toxic, rather necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                      I wish I knew how to post the emoji hashtag thing of the guy shaking his head.

I’ll say this, that crap doesn’t work at my company and it doesn’t work in a Marine Corps Infantry battalion. The real world is gonna eat these kids up and spit out their bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Not when the real world is just the same!

Now if we have to go through another real depression they will be feeling the pain. I'm not talking about a liberal defined depression..a real one LOL

Comment

A few years back my nephew played baseball. Nearly every team made it to the playoffs...It may have been every team in the league made playoffs LOL That way they could all get a playoff trophy.

They should make every game the super bowl.

Comment

My daughter teaches 5th grade in Humble and is shocked what she experienced her first year....
                          Parents are ridiculous to deal with, no support from her superiors...(principle, superintendent) ....
                          She hates it and is already thinking of quitting the profession she went to school for 4 years to learn.....

All they care about is if the kid is in that chair....everything else is secondary

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post

Some of them sure. But not most of them. Move outside a city, kids still work hard. Hell, even in town, they still work hard. I live a couple hundred yards from the Katy ISD barns, and I see more high schoolers out there every day of the week working various animals than I would ever expect. I go to the feed and tack down the road, and see high schoolers working there, hauling bags of feed into customers vehicles and saying yes sir, no sir.

Keep in mind, before "snowflakes", it was millennials. Well all those millennials are in the military now, still kicking ***, just like the generation before them, and the generation after them will. I wouldn't sweat an article that is meant to get you stirred up.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              My daughter teaches 5th grade in Humble and is shocked what she experienced her first year....
                              Parents are ridiculous to deal with, no support from her superiors...(principle, superintendent) ....
                              She hates it and is already thinking of quitting the profession she went to school for 4 years to learn.....

All they care about is if the kid is in that chair....everything else is secondary
                              Do you know why they care so much about that?

Comment

Working...
                              X