Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyard Make over with pool and kitchen......and all the crap that goes with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backyard Make over with pool and kitchen......and all the crap that goes with it.

Well guys I fought the good fight for over 6 months and went all 12 rounds but ended up losing by decision. We are getting a pool and fixing up the backyard. I thought a nice porch would be sufficient but my wife really loves the pool scene plus with 2 early teenagers maybe I can get them to stay home and their friends will just come here (where I can somewhat supervise). It's not the work or that I don't like a pool I just wanted to invest in some property instead, but she doesn't ask for much and supports me in all my adventures so let's do it. Besides Eddy Raven says "women are made for lovin and moneys' made to spend"

Plans include but not limited to:
    14k gallon custom pool
    New board on board privacy fence
    Outdoor kitchen and bar
    Fence for AC and pool equipment
    Pergola with fire pit
    Farm table for porch
    Landscape lighting
    Landscaping
    Some sort of hammock set-up

They started digging yesterday after I moved my daughters doll/play house to the lease, which is 8'x8' and will get new deer view windows and a camp paint job (see pic below)

Once I got it moved they brought in the equipment. We talked to about 4 pool companies and ended up going with Puryear Custom Pools out of Plano due to reputation and value. So far we have been extremely pleased. Their operator, Pablito is a savage on that equipment. Watching him work was intriguing to say the least(bonus: for the cost of 3 guys lunch he leveled by yard behind the porch and cut in so drains to help with water run off, saved me a day in labor)
    Before Picture

Smoothing out yard

And we have a hole

I will continue to update and keep y'all up to date on it's progress. Wish me luck and thanks for following along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time lapse of pool being dug

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    Last edited by TXPredatorMafia; 02-16-2017, 09:37 AM. Reason: wrong format

Comment

I love watching these for some reason... Sounds like one heck of a back area when you complete everything!!

Comment

At least you won't have to mow back there anymore! Looking forward to seeing the progress.
        Last edited by panhandlehunter; 02-16-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Going to be sweet!!

Comment

3 things. 1) pool is too small. 2) You will hate that tree next door. 3) We love our pool.

We looked for a house with a pool for the same reason you are building one. We wanted the kids to hang at our house. Surround sound outside. Good lighting (keep everything lit with no dark areas for them buggers to hide in.

Now the kids are grown and we are redoing our pool so we can enjoy the backyard even more. Ours is much the same shape as yours but is deep for the diving board, which we are changing to a dive rock. Enjoy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
              3 things. 1) pool is too small. 2) You will hate that tree next door. 3) We love our pool.

We looked for a house with a pool for the same reason you are building one. We wanted the kids to hang at our house. Surround sound outside. Good lighting (keep everything lit with no dark areas for them buggers to hide in.

Now the kids are grown and we are redoing our pool so we can enjoy the backyard even more. Ours is much the same shape as yours but is deep for the diving board, which we are changing to a dive rock. Enjoy!!!
              I cant get it much bigger JayB without getting into my neighbors yard, lol.
              We decided on 4ft-5ft-4ft to be able to play volleyball.

Do you think I will regret not going 8 ft?

Comment

No need to go 8ft but you might want to go to 6. Depends on your preference. One nice thing about 4-5-4 is that you can stand and hang out anywhere in the pool. Unless you jump off the side, anything deeper than 5 isn't really used. 4-5-4 might warm up pretty easy in the summer so go with a very light color for the plaster. As for how big it is, budget and other factors dictate it too. For just jumping in to cool off, drink a few cold ones, and listen to music, it looks perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Compromise and do 7'...I like a deep end pool.

Are you going to put a hot tub on the pool or next to it? I love the the hot tub.

Comment

I did the exact same thing years ago when my 2 daughters were young. Mine started as just a pool but evolved into a backyard paradise for us. We have entertained lots and lots of people young and old. We did a sport pool, it's 3 1/2-6-3 1/2 with hot tub and tanning bench. This makes an excellent platform for youth and games.

I had the pool done but everything else I either made/built/installed. This includes the patio, fireplace, kitchen, lighting, sound, furniture, rock work, landscaping etc. I am a DIY'r and not afraid to tackle anything.

Comment

That backyard is sweet

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        That backyard is sweet
                        Heck yeah it is.

DownRange, good luck. I will be following along the rest of the way.

Comment

following

Comment

In.

I have pecan trees........a pool would be a nightmare for me.

Comment

If you have room I'd consider a hot tub and a tanning ledge.

I wish mine had at least a hot tub. I do have the 8 foot section. It's fun to swim deep and dive into but the majority of the time everyone's in 5' and less section. Food for thought...

Comment

Working...
                              X