white bass spawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white bass spawn

I can’t remember when the spawn starts for white bass in the lower part of the state. I have only been one time and caught limits without any issues but can’t remember when that was.

Spring Break was always a good week for me around Somerville. However they start getting in the creeks much sooner than that.

Comment

I always started fishing the creeks right after duck season was over. That was kind of my indicator

Comment

The creek action around here will start picking up here and there in February. Schools will thicken in the river, heading into creek mouths. They'll spawn around March into May, way up the creeks where you can practically wade in the water with boots and wear your fingers out pulling them in one after another. It's not as hard anymore to know when. Just keep an eye on social media feeds and pictures. People will start the frenzy and you'll see every gas station near the water loaded with boaters. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandpa would say when the dogwood trees bloom it's time to start fishing for crappie and sandies. It's always been a good indicator for me.

Comment

One of the best trips I ever had was on a super bowl Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
              One of the best trips I ever had was on a super bowl Sunday morning.

Males are up in some of the creeks already

Comment

And..... they are ALWAYS in the river when not up the creeks. They don't disappear into thin air. You just gotta dig for them and hit the schools as quick as you can. Here's a couple of August pics when I had the time to go on the hunt. Stripers in the mix are always a welcoming surprise.

Comment

its on in the rio grande

Comment

Years ago we fished for them in the Nueces River east of George West and could start in late Feb some years and all the way to Easter Weekend some years. March was the best though.

Comment

If the water is moving, they are in it.

I'll be hitting them pretty soon, along with the slabs.

Comment

Lake Pat Cleburne

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                        Attached Files

Comment

We used to wear them out on Canyon Lake while trolling. May have to get after them again pretty soon.

Comment

Brazos river last spring

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Would love to hit them with a fly rod. If any of you guys chase after them with fly rods- pm me!

Comment

Working...
                              X