Old!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old!!

Looking at threads on the Traditional forum as well as Around the Campfire forum it seems as if the typical poster on Trad is older. I will be 66 in Nov. I started archery in about 1959 when compounds were not available. I changed to compounds in the 80's and went back to trad in the mid 90's. I still have the fiberglass longbow I got around 1959 as well as the first real hunting bow, bear Kodiak Magnum, I got in 1971. While I appreciate all bow hunters [most of my buddies shoot compounds] I have a real appreciation for those that shoot Trad. How many of those here are over 60?

Well, I'm knocking on the door, will be let in April 15,2013!

Comment

I'm there and a bit!

Comment

Not there yet but gettin' close.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
          Well, I'm knocking on the door, will be let in April 15,2013!
          April 15th?

...that's a GOOD Birthday.

Comment

Got 25 to go..

Comment

I'm not even thirty. ;-)

Comment

62 and proud of it. Started bow hunting as a kid in the 60's with a little fiberglass bow. Had several recurves and bought a Bear Whitetail in 1972.

Ain't as mad at the critters as I used to be but really enjoy teaching the grand kids about all God's creations.

Comment

Only half way there

Comment

I'm 23, can't thank my elders enough for all the insight&wisdom that has been shared with me over tha years

Comment

Not even close here either....heck, I got almost another decade to go to get to 60!

Bisch

Comment

I'm 62 and I think Bisch said he was a year or two past me. I know he has to be old as he only shoots a 24# bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          I'm 62 and I think Bisch said he was a year or two past me. I know he has to be old as he only shoots a 24# bow.
                          See, he is so old he is losing his memory! Everybady knows it is more like 42 than 24.

Bisch

Comment

42 today

Comment

Im 67 and will be 68 November 26th. Got my first real bow, a Bear Grizzly, 45# and hunted a little - couldn't hit the side of a barn. Traded the bow for a .22 cal rifle and gave up archery. At 54, I got my first compound and enjoyed harvests of deer, pigs, and a ram. Now I've come full circle and I'm back into traditional ... and loving it. I don't miss my wheel bow at all. I look forward to my first deer killed with traditional gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X