9 yr old son got big 8 pt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 yr old son got big 8 pt.

My 9yr olds first season bow hunting has been a ride so far. He is learning the disadvantages of using a bow mostly because of the angle of the shot and the distance he can shoot. With his rifle he would've had a couple coyotes a few more hogs and would've shot a nice deer already, but he refused to put his bow down. Since he is only pulling 40lbs at about 22 inches with his infinate edge we discussed at the beginning of the season that we would only take feeder shots and wait for a quartering away shots. He has had a couple deer in front of him that were shooters we just couldn't get the good quartering away shot so instead of take a bad shot he let them walk and man are we happy he did.

We had one really nice buck on camera one time about a month ago we thought we would never see him in person. But this was the day. The buck followed a doe to the feeder and was wondering around the feeder finally after about 15 painful nerve racking minutes he finally presented a shot quartering away at 13 yds. My son drew and made a perfect shot. Put holes in both sides and the arrow broke almost immediately. The deer went about 50 yds and it was an easy track.

It's days like this that make all the practice and time that we've put into this worth it. I've never killed a deer like this but I am elated that he had the opportunity.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hog smacker; 12-07-2015, 11:16 AM.

Right before the shot
    Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome. Congratulations on a good buck and good job of sticking with it and waiting for the best shot.

And good job dad your raising him right

Comment

This is a whole lot of AWESOME in this photo.
        Great job to the both of you. Congrats to your son on a fine buck

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

That is awesome and super impressive! Congrats to your son. Great buck

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Way to go young man!

Comment

Congrats to you and your son! It sounds like he's learning the ropes quickly. Glad to hear you're teaching him good ethics on shot selection. He'll be a pro!

Comment

Nothing but awesome here. Congrats to the young man for showing patience that a lot of seasoned hunters struggle with. And good job dad for fostering such a strong hunter at that age.

Great buck and great story!

Comment

That picture is priceless. Congrats young man!!

Comment

^^^ I agree with this. Thats Awesome ..Congrats

Comment

His determination is to be commended! I know both of you are very proud. Sounds like he has already decided to be a bow hunter for life. Good choice!

Comment

Working...
                              X