Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

This is a continuation off of John Paul's "Weather Guru's" Thread. I believe now is the time to make preparations along the Texas coastline and also for people inland because of the magnitude of the possibility of a destructive rainfall event.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I hate boarding up my dam house....hail!

Comment

Where is Bouce (sp) when we need him. Fiff Ward wake-up call!

Comment

Thanks for starting a new thread, Johnny. This is going to come relatively quick for everyone.

Comment

As a few others have mentioned, this one will take many of people off guard. This isn't a long tracked Cape Verde system that we can watch for a week or so. The model consensus time frame starts bringing effects from a resurrected Harvey onshore this Friday/Saturday.

The GFS for two runs in a row now shows a major hurricane smashing the Texas coast around the Sargeant area as does the UKMET model. Hopefully the intensity is wrong in these models.

The ECMWF has a strong tropical storm approaching the SoTex coast then it kind of just rides up the entire Texas coast!

The bottom line is, it's time to prepare. I say this for not just people along the coast but for others well inland because a good handful of models show a catastrophic event with this system. More on who gets what as the day unfolds.

Comment

Just in time for our fishing tournament in POC

Do you think this first disturbance will turn into something later this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              As a few others have mentioned, this one will take many of people off guard. This isn't a long tracked Cape Verde system that we can watch for a week or so. The model consensus time frame starts bringing effects from a resurrected Harvey onshore this Friday/Saturday.

The GFS for two runs in a row now shows a major hurricane smashing the Texas coast around the Sargeant area as does the UKMET model. Hopefully the intensity is wrong in these models.

The ECMWF has a strong tropical storm approaching the SoTex coast then it kind of just rides up the entire Texas coast!

The bottom line is, it's time to prepare. I say this for not just people along the coast but for others well inland because a good handful of models show a catastrophic event with this system. More on who gets what as the day unfolds.

It's great to fantasize about a good rain in South Texas until it starts to get scary for everyone else, darn it.

Comment

When is this suppose to possibly hit?

Comment

Weather channel said in next 5 days or so

Comment

Landfall Friday or Saturday.

Comment

Where is projected landfall? And when? And names of storm? Thanks for any info it's appreciated.
                      (I have no access for this info at this time, apologies for sounding ignorant)

Comment

The HWRF model was the last big model hanging back with a landfall in northern Mexico. It now has a strong hurricane coming ashore East of Corpus.

Comment

****, we are vacationing on SPI from Thursday through Monday. Better bring my board and fins!!!!

Comment

Any flooding threats for Marble Falls / lake Buchanan? We will be on the lake with the RV.

Comment

Originally posted by Slingingsticks View Post
                              Where is projected landfall? And when? And names of storm? Thanks for any info it's appreciated.
                              (I have no access for this info at this time, apologies for sounding ignorant)
                              Projected landfall is not exact just yet but models are keying in from just West of Corpus to Galveston. That should be narrowed down a little as the day goes on and into tomorrow morning. This one was already named Harvey but weakened into a wave over the Caribbean. It will remain Harvey if it is named again.

Time frame for coming ashore will be Friday/Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X