TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events - Politics and Such (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   john mccain (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653780)

waterdog 07-19-2017 09:13 PM

john mccain

not a McCain fan, but best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Landrover 07-19-2017 09:17 PM

Fan or not.....huge prayers from my family!! Tough to hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Man 07-19-2017 09:24 PM

Not a fan of Mccain but hope for a recovery. At least this might finally convince him to end his political career. (hopefully that didn't come off bad).

Russ79 07-19-2017 09:29 PM

The man is a true American hero and patriot, but the last 6-8 months he has been off the rail a little bit. I do wish him the best and hope for a swift and complete recovery.

ladrones 07-19-2017 09:30 PM

Ted Kennedy had that also I believe. Resign now and let your Cadillac plan work.

scotth89 07-19-2017 09:30 PM

john mccain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ79 (Post 12585651)
The man is a true American hero and patriot, but the last 6-8 months he has been off the rail a little bit. I do wish him the best and hope for a swift and complete recovery.

Best wishes. I believe you meant 3-4 years.

Playa 07-19-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man (Post 12585643)
Not a fan of Mccain but hope for a recovery. At least this might finally convince him to end his political career. (hopefully that didn't come off bad).

It did t come off bad. Now what ima 'bout to say likely will.....

Deep down, this makes me long for an epidemic of brain cancer in congress. It might help explain the bs for the past 2 decade AND we might could start with a clean slate.

But I do hope he recovers (& retires, then we all win)

Pedernal 07-19-2017 10:54 PM

Prayers up for a full recovery.

Traildust 07-19-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man (Post 12585643)

Prayers sent and enjoy your retirement Sen. McCain. You deserve it! Thank you for your service.;)b

Livin'2hunt 07-19-2017 11:05 PM

A couple weeks back, it was commented on this forum that McCain was "slipping" due to incoherence during testimony. I suppose we now know why. While his Senatorial stint has been deplorable, his military service is truly heroic and rightly deserves our admiration. For that, I wish him a full recovery. That being said, things happen for a reason and it is time to hang up the cleats...

sandbill 07-19-2017 11:08 PM

I respect the guy. Tough road ahead for him and the family.

flywise 07-19-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotth89 (Post 12585659)
Best wishes. I believe you meant 3-4 years.

6-8 years
Hopefully the surgery fixed him

kingranch 07-19-2017 11:29 PM

I work in medical
A GBM like he has is one of the most aggressive tumors I have ever dealt with and if he comes out unscathed it will be a miracle
Bad deal for him and family

systemnt 07-20-2017 11:18 AM

Thanks for his service and endurance for his country.
Lousy and ****ty politician who assisted in causing the country he loves harm.
Regardless, Prayers for healing, recovery, and peace.

tradtiger 07-20-2017 11:26 AM

Prayers sent. True patriot.

J Sweet 07-20-2017 11:46 AM

Kind of hard for me to muster anything good to say about the man but I wouldn't wish this on anyone or their family. Prayers for their family in this difficult time. He is 80 so its not as if he hasn't had a good run at it.

GarGuy 07-20-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ79 (Post 12585651)

Probably longer than that but now im thinking the brain problem may have caused some of his bad decisions. Hoping for the best for him..

ladrones 07-20-2017 07:10 PM

My high school english teacher in AZ registered me to vote prior to my eighteenth birthday for the coming November election which I would be legally able to vote in as an 18 year old. That was in 91. I choose the gop party at the time. The swamp donkey McCain helped me decide to abandon that party registration in 08 and become an independent.

skipetex 07-26-2017 03:23 PM

His American hero and pow status ran out with me several yrs ago when he started siding with the past camel humper in cheif

Clay C 07-26-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipetex (Post 12601585)
His American hero and pow status ran out with me several yrs ago when he started siding with the past camel humper in cheif

Not to mention there are conflicting accounts of his heroism and time as a POW.

Native Texan 07-26-2017 07:29 PM

I find comfort in knowing that when he does leave this world he will be rewarded for servicing the people of this country.

systemnt 07-26-2017 09:23 PM

Prayers for him and his family...but he still needs to sthu.

stickerpatch59 07-26-2017 09:35 PM

I thank him for his service to our country; but his politics are seriously flawed. (imo)

JFISHER 07-26-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay C (Post 12601958)

song bird

Shane 07-26-2017 11:07 PM

texansfan 07-26-2017 11:24 PM

I'm sorry but McCain needs to hang up his cleats.
He already knew thathe wasn't for a full repeal on Monday so why even vote to have the Senate debates?

Oh yeah, he's mentally not all there and he wanted to extend his job's life.

He did that as a fake move to wring more from his lobbyists pockets.

This whole thing is like an episode of Benny Hill

AddisonOil 07-26-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterdog (Post 12585621)
not a McCain fan, but best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Speedy recovery...? I don't think he's gunna recover...

muzzlebrake 07-27-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Sometimes referred to as the Canary of Hanoi.
He had it rougher than anyone can ever imagine and I am sure the NVA broke him with torture. He may not have even knew what he was saying at the time.
He was a prize for the North once they knew who they had and they worked it to the max.

As for his senate record, he was taken prisoner by the establishment years ago and has again failed his country by being captured in DC.

AZST_bowhunter 07-27-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Not the mention the USS Forrestal fire

100%TtId 07-28-2017 01:33 AM

He just voted no on skinny.

Unbelievable.

Vermin93 07-28-2017 02:54 AM

john mccain

I was pleased to see the news of McCain's no vote. Also happy to see -

- Senator Murkowski show Zinke she won't be pushed around
- The public apology from the BSA for Trump's speech
- The response from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to Trump's pathetic transgender tweet
- Senator Graham's warning to Trump about AG Sessions and Mueller

Great day for Team Centrist.

Meanwhile, Scaramucci has been on the payroll barely a week and has already gone postal. He should fit right in at Trumpville.

texansfan 07-28-2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermin93 (Post 12605190)

Meanwhile, Scaramucci has been on the payroll barely a week and has already gone postal. He should fit right in at Trumpville.

Remember when the GOP used to be the party of Family Values and the dems were the potty mouthed homosexual drug abusers?
Seems like they are both one in the same now.
New Yorker interview...

texansfan 07-28-2017 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100%TtId (Post 12605175)
He just voted no on skinny.

Unbelievable.

The guy is literally on his death bed voting on trillion dollar deals that will have ramifications for the next 50 years

There should be an age limit like for pilots

How many 81 year olds that have brain cancer and had brain surgery last week do you know that are running around trying to mess over folks lives?

Mike D 07-28-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

- The response from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to Trump's pathetic transgender tweet

Anybody who supports Obamacare in any shape, form or fashion ain't a "centrist".

I won't even comment on your other drivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wtex 07-28-2017 07:52 AM

Trolls are what keep me coming back to this part of TBH. Just reading their dribble and hearing their pathetic crying arses is priceless. Regardless how low life they seem, they do at least serve that purpose in life. Troll on verm and t-fan. Making my day go just a little faster

Ironman 07-28-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Where were you the last 8 years? I guess my real question is, what do you consider to be a centrist?

Clay C 07-28-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 12605500)
Where were you the last 8 years? I guess my real question is, what do you consider to be a centrist?

These days, it seems "centrist" means "willing to "compromise". Policy wise, Trump is as close to a centrist as we could hope for in this age of polarization. If people would use their minds instead of their emotions, they would see that.

Livin'2hunt 07-28-2017 10:22 AM

Vermin is a troll. I have asked him numerous times to state a specific policy that he endorses and he refuses to do so. He is incapable of conversation and is no "centrist". He is an agnostic, Conservative hating puddle of bloody urine. Don't waste your time.

Wtex 07-28-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt (Post 12605624)
Vermin is a troll. I have asked him numerous times to state a specific policy that he endorses and he refuses to do so. He is incapable of conversation and is no "centrist". He is an agnostic, Conservative hating puddle of bloody urine. Don't waste your time.

Tell us how you really feel....no really I agree. Being a newbie of sorts I do a lot more reading than replying. I feel the same about vermin and texansfan. Figure they must have such meaningless lives that they troll on here for their jollies or to get each other's jollies off, who knows.

Traildust 07-28-2017 10:53 AM

What a tool!

Johnny 07-28-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt (Post 12605624)

Dang, straight for the throat! Let me know when you are around Montgomery and I will buy you dinner.;)b

Go Trump!

Hank Hill 07-28-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texansfan (Post 12605207)
The guy is literally on his death bed voting on trillion dollar deals that will have ramifications for the next 50 years

There should be an age limit like for pilots

How many 81 year olds that have brain cancer and had brain surgery last week do you know that are running around trying to mess over folks lives?

If having a brain tumor/brain cancer does not render you at very least -temporarily unfit to serve - I don't know what will.

SMC 07-28-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Hill (Post 12605868)
If having a brain tumor/brain cancer does not render you at very least -temporarily unfit to serve - I don't know what will.

Lol. Wearing a dress maybe. Lol

Shane 07-28-2017 11:47 AM

McCain has always been a big government progressive masquerading as a hero conservative. I'm not mad at him. I'm mad at all the morons in Arizona that have kept him in office all these years.

Livin'2hunt 07-28-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 12605746)
Dang, straight for the throat! Let me know when you are around Montgomery and I will buy you dinner.;)b

Go Trump!

:D Will do.

tradtiger 07-28-2017 11:55 AM

Can't we all just get along? :)

Traildust 07-28-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 12605909)
McCain has always been a big government progressive masquerading as a hero conservative. I'm not mad at him. I'm mad at all the morons in Arizona that have kept him in office all these years.

Ya....I've been amazed how they keep re-electing him year after year. Got to give him credit, he plays both sides very well.

KLWoodall 07-28-2017 12:32 PM

McCain is a snake. Always has been. This country and each of us need to elect the oldest person on the ballot from now on. That way we only get screwed by that person for so long until they die because we are getting from both sides. At least with the Dems I expect it. That's the only term limits we will ever have in our system.

Clay C 07-28-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 12605909)

This. People seem to forget that he won the nomination, then just practically rolled over and let Obama waltz in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladrones 07-28-2017 01:46 PM

McConnell and the rest of the swamp donkeys appear to be relieved.