Dr Jordan B Peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Jordan B Peterson

Anyone attending the lecture this evening? If so doors open at 630 but does anyone know what time he will actually take the stage?

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Anyone attending the lecture this evening? If so doors open at 630 but does anyone know what time he will actually take the stage?
    Ah man didn't know he was going to be in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Really? The MSM has been promoting the hell out of his tour

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Its a big venue and tickets are still available. It says Door 630 and I think he will go on an hour later. I work in Energy corridor and live in the Woods. Need to let my dogs out but I don't think if I left the Woods at 5p I would make it downtown by 630. Cant even get out of the Woods in 45 mins these days and then still have to make the drive down.

Comment

Daggum Canadian...……..cant have valid thoughts...…..unless he is a hunter!!! LOL!

Comment

Its a big venue and tickets are still available. It says Door 630 and I think he will go on an hour later. I work in Energy corridor and live in the Woods. Need to let my dogs out but I don't think if I left the Woods at 5p I would make it downtown by 630. Cant even get out of the Woods in 45 mins these days and then still have to make the drive down.
            I hear ya. I already have plans this evening, but not sure I'd want to drive to downtown at that time anyways. Hopefully i'll get another chance to see him somewhere.

Comment

730 on stage. Thank the gods. Whew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great lecture.

Comment

Great lecture.

High points?
                  Attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    High points?

Hopefully healthcare

Benefits of the Canadian healthcare system. A clip from an interview with Rob Shimshock of The Shimshock Show. The full video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v...

Comment

High points?
                      Attendance?
                      Sold out as far as I could see. He went in different direction last night that I felt was a nice treat though my wife wanted to hear the standard lecture. The British Academy of Something or other has chosen Dr. Peterson to write the preface for the 50th anniversary of the Gulag Archipelago. So he decided to bounce his ideas for the forward off the crowd. I thought it was very impressive.

The whole premise of it was that we know when the right has gone too far ie Nazism/Fascism in mid 20th century Europe. We later had the Nuremburg trials and a clear line in the sand was drawn on what is too far right. Now as far as going too far left we have seen Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.... kill far more people than the Nazis ever did but there has never been a political reckoning for how far the left went. Eventually these systems collapsed and reformed but the system of Marxism was never held accountable. Kind of a we are doomed to repeat it as so many leftists now in the post modern era are embracing Marxism again. He mentions at this point how the President of the EU placed a wreath on the grave of Marx this year as a token of this happening. His question was how many corpses have to be stacked in the name of this form of politics before we say it has gone too far for surely it has gone farther than Nazis ever did. He pushes that right here and now we ALL should be defining when the left has gone too far and that there is sufficient evidence to show when that line is crossed and that it has been crossed far too many times. Venezuela was mentioned as a modern example where children are starving to death but the govt will not allow the hospitals to show cause of death as starvation for the good of the govt. So it is illegal to starve to death their which is causing even more deaths as the problems aren't being resolved.
                      Last edited by Ætheling; 05-30-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Sold out as far as I could see. He went in different direction last night that I felt was a nice treat though my wife wanted to hear the standard lecture. The British Academy of Something or other has chosen Dr. Peterson to write the preface for the 50th anniversary of the Gulag Archipelago. So he decided to bounce his ideas for the forward off the crowd. I thought it was very impressive.

The whole premise of it was that we know when the right has gone too far ie Nazism/Fascism in mid 20th century Europe. We later had the Nuremburg trials and a clear line in the sand was drawn on what is too far right. Now as far as going too far left we have seen Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.... kill far more people than the Nazis ever did but there has never been a political reckoning for how far the left went. Eventually these systems collapsed and reformed but the system of Marxism was never held accountable. Kind of a we are doomed to repeat it as so many leftists now in the post modern era are embracing Marxism again. He mentions at this point how the President of the EU placed a wreath on the grave of Marx this year as a token of this happening. His question was how many corpses have to be stacked in the name of this form of politics before we say it has gone too far for surely it has gone farther than Nazis ever did. He pushes that right here and now we ALL should be defining when the left has gone too far and that there is sufficient evidence to show when that line is crossed and that it has been crossed far too many times. Venezuela was mentioned as a modern example where children are starving to death but the govt will not allow the hospitals to show cause of death as starvation for the good of the govt. So it is illegal to starve to death their which is causing even more deaths as the problems aren't being resolved.
                        Interesting. For sure the far left hasn't been held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                          Anyone who thinks Dr Peterson is not left of center is not paying attention very well. You can be left or right and be fine in my book as long as you don't push your agenda on me or others. Just like the classical liberal homosexual in the Quora piece I mentioned earlier. You do you and I will do me and lets just stay out of eachothers way on social issues.

Comment

The thing I like most about Jordan Peterson is that his main interest is in figuring things out. Not pushing what is right based on his own definitions, but baring the most vulnerable part of an argument that so that it can be scrutinized and analyzed for whether it is truth. Best of all he usually does this on the fly. You get to see his mind work, to question itself, and to identify not just the basis for the idea but the ancient and psychological building blocks that enabled the idea to exist in the first place.

Comment

Seemed like a interesting discussion. Intellectual discussions are definitely underrated by Americans for some reason.
                              Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                              Daggum Canadian...……..cant have valid thoughts...…..unless he is a hunter!!! LOL!
                              I knew it!!!! LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X