Honoring a Bet...a RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honoring a Bet...a RANT

So we had a friendly bet in our office. We put up two big signs, one a Texans logo and the other a Cowboys logo. Personnel were to write their name on the team that they supported. Both sides talked a tremendous amount of trash all week considering that both team are pretty bad, but it was fun and involved lots of side bets. The supporters of the losing team were to wear the winning teams colors this morning. I'd say about half of the Cowboys fans that participated honored the bet. I've heard everything from "I don't have a red shirt" to "the game was fixed". Sooooo, I had someone look at every name on that sheet and check to see if they were wearing red. Sooner or later, somebody will need a day off, need to borrow a trailer, want to take a dozer to their deer lease, or need a loan and I'm going to remember than they couldn't honor a simple, friendly bet.

And yes, if the Texans had lost I'd have felt the same way. The Cowboys fans that did honor the bet are ****** off too.

Haha, good stuff!

Comment

Come on Mary. Wear your red!!!

Comment

Good on you. I can't stand people who don't own up to bets.

Comment

I sit right beside one of the biggest cowboys fans there is, if they lose he doesn't say a word to anybody, he just sits over there and pouts all day. I've just never been a big fan of something I can't control, or whatever. I just don't get it

Now if I miss a big buck, I may sit over here all day and not talk to anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
            Good on you. I can't stand people who don't own up to bets.
            Me too!!!

Comment

I know the feeling. I have a "friend" that owed me $100 on a bet from over 10yrs ago that refused to pay. That was back when I really needed it too. I lost a bet about 7-8yrs ago for the same amount. I payed on the spot. I admit it hurt though! My pride and wallet. You aint worth a dime if you dont pay your bets.

Comment

I'm a Texans fan but I'll gladly wear the silver and blue in exchange for use of a dozer!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Chicken ****s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your Word is YOUR WORD....
                    My wife and Sister In Law gave me crap a year or so back when Texas / OU played. My nephew (13 yrs old at the time) is a big OU fan. I don't care for UT but I bet him $20 bucks that Texas would win. Well, Texas won and I told nephew to go get my money and pay me. He looked at me like I was joking...I wasn't. I explained to him that a bet is a BET...you honor it if you lose and be respectful if you win. I made the boy go get his money out of the piggy bank and pay me.... It wasn't about the money... I was a lesson that he needed to learn. If I had lost, he would have wanted me to pay...So he had to pay. Wife and SIL were all bent out of shape about it. I had to explain it to them aas well... Wife understood...SIL not so much...

I did use that 20 to pay for pizza later on for everyone...

I may not teach my kids all the life lessons that they need to know, but I try to teach them the ones I do know. They come out of a place in my heart that I want them to learn from and become better people for....As my elder family members have taught me...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I'm a Texans fan but I'll gladly wear the silver and blue in exchange for use of a dozer!
                      I despise the Cowboys but I would HAPPILY do the same for use of a dozer.

Comment

Sinners

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Sooner or later, somebody will need a day off, need to borrow a trailer, want to take a dozer to their deer lease, or need a loan and I'm going to remember than they couldn't honor a simple, friendly bet.

And yes, if the Texans had lost I'd have felt the same way. The Cowboys fans that did honor the bet are ****** off too.
                          Had this happen to me.....guess who was left out of stock options when I was handing them out? I never did calculate what that $500 cost him when I sold my company but it was around the 6 figure range.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Had this happen to me.....guess who was left out of stock options when I was handing them out? I never did calculate what that $500 cost him when I sold my company but it was around the 6 figure range.

Comment

H*** Id wear a pink too-too to get a free dozer delivered to my place for a week

Comment

Working...
                              X