Wet tumbling brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet tumbling brass

I bit the bullet on Friday and purchased a wet tumbler. I started cleaning brass a few years ago with a vibratory tumbler and either corn or walnut media and was content. I then switched to an ultrasonic cleaner and was happy with that for a few years. NOW....holy moly what a difference in the final product!!
    This batch of 9mm was done yesterday using dawn dish soap, lemi-shine and stainless steel pins...crazy!!
    Attached Files

How do you go about drying them out ?

Comment

I rubbed them around a little bit in a towel and then poured them on the baking sheet you see in the pic. Put it outside in the Sun and those suckers are bone dry within a couple of hours!

Comment

They look great ! how long did you tumble ? I was told by a friend that he tumbled for 45 minutes and they came out really bright.

Comment

This batch ran for 2 hours.

Comment

a cheap food dehydrator works great for drying brass. Been using one for a while now and I wish i had been using it for years.

Dave

Comment

I've been using a cheap food dehydrator as well, from Amazon. Works great. I don't use lemishine anymore either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup discovered that a few years ago and can't imagine doing it any other way.

Comment

Welcome to the club. Nothing like brass that looks new, including the interiors and primer pockets!

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
                    Welcome to the club. Nothing like brass that looks new, including the interiors and primer pockets!

cricman
                    I noticed he didn't de-prime first. Missing half the benefit.

Comment

I don't de-prime my pistol brass...only rifle.
                      I go through way too much pistol ammo to justify the time it would take to decap every one of them one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                        I don't de-prime my pistol brass...only rifle.
                        I go through way too much pistol ammo to justify the time it would take to decap every one of them one at a time.
                        ...you have reusable primers?

Note: joking, I assume you have a progressive or don't want to run it through a die twice.

Comment

Same way i clean mine. People think its brand new brass.

I run it for an hour then dump it and deprime. Then i tumble for another 3 hours or so. Primer pockets are spotless.

Comment

I just started cleaning mine this way as well. So shiny! Dehydrator to dry as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                              Note: joking, I assume you have a progressive or don't want to run it through a die twice.
                              Exactly.

I do take the time to do it for all my rifle brass though. Like the pistol...it doesn't need it, but physiologically it helps me when taking long shots

Comment

Working...
                              X