Arrow Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Saw

I really like my little Harbor Freight cut off saw, but I got tired of having to mark each arrow individually to cut them.

Built me a slide rule, mounted the saw onto it, and calibrated the ruler to the saw.

Works great.

Rick
    Attached Files

Harbor Freight was out. I ordered one on Amazon. Supposed to be here Thursday. That's a neat idea.

Gary

Comment

Good job Rick

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of blade do you have on that saw? I used one for a while with the blade that came with it. I'm not sure if the blade got dull or what, but it was leaving some frayed carbon fibers around the cut end, so I quit using it.

skooter

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post
          What kind of blade do you have on that saw? I used one for a while with the blade that came with it. I'm not sure if the blade got dull or what, but it was leaving some frayed carbon fibers around the cut end, so I quit using it.

skooter
          I use the blade that came with the saw, and turn it around backwards.
          That keeps the teeth of the blade from grabbing, and makes a real clean cut as long as you don't force it.

Rick

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to get a fresh blade and try it like that. I really like the idea of doing my own work on everything that I can.

skooter

Comment

That'll work!

Bisch

Comment

I built the slide rule, and mount for the saw using scrap pieces of 1" X 2" board.
                It was easy, and didn't take maybe 30 minutes tops.

It was harder, and took longer to calibrate & mark the ruler to the saw.

Rick

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24481138 I did about the same thing. Added a squaring tool also.

Comment

critter69, do you move the nail to different hole to change length, and the nock goes on the nail when you saw?

Bisch

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I found it, 2" mini bench saw...

Comment

Nice

Comment

I bought one of those saws from HF still have it but don't use it anymore. I changed out the blade and put one of my die grinder cutoff blades on it and it was a world of difference in the quality of cut. One thing I found when you are cutting an arrow, is to spin the arrow slowly while cutting. That should eliminate all fraying with carbon arrows.

Comment

Here's a pic or two of the cutoff wheel I use. The best part about this cutoff wheel is it mounted on my HF saw with NO modification. Just thought of something after I posted, I believe I remember not being able to use the blade guard after mounting the wheel. just an FYI
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Greyman; 01-18-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X