Bronte - Colorado River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronte - Colorado River

Anyone hunt south of Bronte on the River? How is the hunting deer quantity and quality. LO says there is Axis as well. How are the numbers of those? Thanks for any info!

Dang man how do you have time to hunts so many different leases?

Comment

River bottom deer are usually better quality. That area of Texas produces some big deer

Comment

What do you call a quality buck?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          Dang man how do you have time to hunts so many different leases?
          Work hard in the summer . No I had 4 places this last season and am loosing 2. But Dad is looking to buy a place. We may have a done deal on some land by the house but ran across this river place and it peaked the interest with axis and being on a river. We have just been looking for the diamond in the rough type deal.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            What do you call a quality buck?
            130 plus mainly for the kids to shoot good deer. I have bigger already.

Comment

Did you leave the Christoval area lease?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Did you leave the Christoval area lease?
                Yes i didn't even hunt it this year. Long story but ended up getting off after about 2 months into it and turning over to your BFF(Robert) after a couple issues with LO.

Comment

I'm not far north of there and been in that country some for work. Seen some nice deer. Never seen an axis around there but that doesn't mean they're not there.

Comment

I’ve seen axis hit on the road south of the river, and quite a few more in Tennyson. They are there, but not sure how many.

Comment

My buddy use to live in bronte and I would drive up there to fish oak creek all the time. Would see a ton of deer and some axis while driving up. Another buddy know a guy who owns land on the river and it's loaded with deer. Don't know how big the bucks get but it's a target rich environment from what I've seen

Comment

Seen a few axis off the road around there and black buck on a few. Don’t hunt there but go to oak creek once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                          Yes i didn't even hunt it this year. Long story but ended up getting off after about 2 months into it and turning over to your BFF(Robert) after a couple issues with LO.

****......bad LO and bad lease member. That is a recipe for disaster.

I'm betting you never got your money back from the travel trailer either..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            ****......bad LO and bad lease member. That is a recipe for disaster.

I'm betting you never got your money back from the travel trailer either..
                            LO was a decent guy but his management practices were off and yea I just seen bad things too come. Nice place though.

Not a dime!

Comment

Was on a small place between Bronte and Robert Lee just off the river a few years ago. It was down seven mile hill road. I loved it. The land owner handed his property over to his nephew to become a rancher and the hunters got the boot. No axis at the time. The place was on its fourth year of management and they were responding to protein well. I'd love to get back to that area. Keep me in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X