Appetizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appetizers

I have an event coming up in September and I'm looking for ideas for appetizers. I'm looking for something different than the usual rattlesnake eggs, poppers' ect ect. Something good on a grill outdoors or deep fried. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My wife makes stuffed mushrooms that I cook on the grilll. They’re always a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought about that. Thanks!

Comment

All kinds of chicken wings other than buffalo. Sliders are good too.

Comment

My current favorite is “Quail Knots” from Texas Quail Farms. They are really good grilled but I like them best fried then tossed in a glaze of butter, honey and hot sauce. They are expensive ($85 for a box of 48) so I only buy them for special occasions - always a huge hit.
          Texas Quail Farms, Inc., founded in 2003 with headquarters in Lockhart, Texas, is the largest state inspected quail processing plant in Texas. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based quail products ranging from whole birds to semi-boneless birds, including gourmet specialties like bacon-wrapped breasts and legs. TQF distributes throughout Texas and coast to coast

Comment

Ozark Grillers are hard to beat 1/2 inch cube extra sharp cheddar wrapped with thin sliced sirloin wrapped in bacon grilled to medium rare/rare

Comment

Good ideas! Those quail sound good but too expensive to feed 250 people. I'll have to try that for the family! Ozark grillers sound good!

Comment

Pork belly burnt ends...got some going right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  Pork belly burnt ends...got some going right now.

Thought about that too. Also considering moinks or potato skins stuffed with brisket or pulled pork.

Comment

Not in the area you asked for, but cold boiled shrimp are always a hit.

Comment

Deep fried alligator bites with a roumalade dipping sauce

Take small (mudbug boil sized) new potatoes and cut them either into 1/2's or 1/4's , wrap half of a slice of maple smoked bacon around it. Sprinkle either Season All or Tony C's on it (secure bacon with toothpick) cook in the oven at about 400 until bacon is done ........DAY-UM its good!!!!

Comment

Thinking about it, one of the guys at the lease does these pork riblet/steaks. I'm butchering it... but really the top of a st. Louis cut rib sliced like a steak. Seasoned and grilled. They were good.

Comment

Look up soul food pig feet cooked on stove top. U will have family coming over u never new you had.

Comment

They are really good grilled but I like them best fried then tossed in a glaze of butter, honey and hot sauce. They are expensive more
 so I only buy them for special occasions - always a huge hit.

Comment

Fried mac n cheese balls

Comment

Working...
                              X