TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ned Ledoux (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674155)

kyleseipp 12-12-2017 05:55 PM

Ned Ledoux
 
I have seen Aaron Watson post about listening to Nedís music so I thought I would give it a listen today. It is crazy how much he sounds like his dad, but heís a pretty good song writer as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Guerrero88 12-12-2017 06:02 PM

I'll have to give him a listen I really like his fathers music

Jaybo31 12-12-2017 06:04 PM

Wow, sounds very close to his old man.

Cajun shooter 12-12-2017 06:06 PM

Sure wouldnít want to bash a young country artist but thatís not exactly what I would call a vocalist. I wish him luck though.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dale Moser 12-12-2017 06:07 PM

That gave me chills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopKnot 12-12-2017 06:08 PM

Yeah looked him up the other day and said the same thing

Burnadell 12-12-2017 06:11 PM

Yes, it does.

TildenHunter 12-12-2017 06:26 PM

He does sound a lot like his has dad.

longhorn_cop 12-12-2017 07:01 PM

Pretty unique sound. Just like his daddy. Sounds great


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

skipetex 12-12-2017 07:11 PM

His old man has always been my favorite country singer. I like this guy alot too. Unfortunately the "new country" scene, stations, and artist won't take to him cause he doesn't wear ball caps, tight t-shirts, and sing pop music.
I hope he makes it tho. Really do.

mdnabors 12-12-2017 07:18 PM

****!! Sounds just like his dad. Love me some old Chris Ledoux songs... “This Cowboys’s Hat”, “Look at You Girl”, etc...

TX03RUBI 12-12-2017 07:48 PM

Man that sounds just like his ol man!

txbowkill 12-12-2017 07:51 PM

Badace

mikeyb_23 12-12-2017 07:53 PM

Scary how much they sound alike. I'll have to check out his other songs.

Jaybo31 12-12-2017 09:12 PM

I checked out a few more songs. A couple where heís just singing with a guitar. While he sings good, thereís a lot of auto tuning going on to make him sound real close to his dad.

Another that sounds like his dad is Willies son.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVDT 12-12-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13008624)
Sure wouldnít want to bash a young country artist but thatís not exactly what I would call a vocalist. I wish him luck though.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Uhhh that's totally unTexan...

Cajun shooter 12-12-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PVDT (Post 13009275)
Uhhh that's totally unTexan...



Well sorry but......


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

droebuck 12-12-2017 09:50 PM

That's awesome! Always loved Chris Ledoux's music, always thought of him as the last real singing cowboy. Well because he was. I will be checking out more of Ned's tunes.

huntingfanatic 12-12-2017 09:51 PM

Yep. Sounds a LOT like his dad. I'm liking it

ReydonPete 12-12-2017 09:55 PM

Suprising how close he sounds to his dad
Sounds good

LFD2037 12-12-2017 11:01 PM

Am I the only one who thinks if it wasn't for his rodeo career, Chris would have never had a singing career? Just not a fan @ all.

Kieth Whitley's son sounds a lot like him. Now THAT was a good country singer!

txtimetravler 12-12-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFD2037 (Post 13009526)
Am I the only one who thinks if it wasn't for his rodeo career, Chris would have never had a singing career? Just not a fan @ all.

Kieth Whitley's son sounds a lot like him. Now THAT was a good country singer!



Meh, it went hand in hand.

Iíll have to look up Keithís son.

Arrowslinger1 12-12-2017 11:36 PM

Man that’s almost a reincarnation of Chris. Love it!

Cajun shooter 12-13-2017 07:45 AM

Man if yíall want to hear a son who has completely out done his dad, vocal wise listen to Ben Haggard.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5OnZL2Jxg


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BrandonA 12-13-2017 07:55 AM

Ned’s very good

Geezy Rider 12-13-2017 08:13 AM

I would never know that wasn't Chris.

Stevo96 12-13-2017 08:56 AM

Did anyone ever have the pleasure of seeing Chris Ledoux in concert? I saw him 3 times, and he put on a fantastic show!

Jaybo31 12-13-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo96 (Post 13010120)
Did anyone ever have the pleasure of seeing Chris Ledoux in concert? I saw him 3 times, and he put on a fantastic show!

I saw him at the Pavilion. Mechanical bull and all. Great show.

STICKIT 12-13-2017 09:15 AM

Ned was on Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen the other day at the NFR. He seemed very down to to earth.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brute Killer 12-13-2017 10:03 AM

He sounds like the old man.

mooney_ag 12-13-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo96 (Post 13010120)
Did anyone ever have the pleasure of seeing Chris Ledoux in concert? I saw him 3 times, and he put on a fantastic show!

Saw him in Bryan my freshman year. To this day still one of the best concerts I've been too. Chris Ledoux and the Saddle Boogie Band tore it up.

TxDispatcher 12-13-2017 11:49 AM

Eery how similar he sounds to his father...wouldn't mind listening to more of him. I'll have to check out some of his other stuff ;)b

rcm719 12-13-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13009908)
Man if yíall want to hear a son who has completely out done his dad, vocal wise listen to Ben Haggard.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5OnZL2Jxg


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh Merle was better than his boy. Not on the same playin field as Ledoux's boy either.

talleywack97 12-13-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo96 (Post 13010120)
Did anyone ever have the pleasure of seeing Chris Ledoux in concert? I saw him 3 times, and he put on a fantastic show!

I was able to see him @ billy bobs early 1990's. That was COUNTRY MUSIC. since then, not so much

Quackerbox 12-13-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFD2037 (Post 13009526)
Am I the only one who thinks if it wasn't for his rodeo career, Chris would have never had a singing career? Just not a fan @ all.

Kieth Whitley's son sounds a lot like him. Now THAT was a good country singer!

A lot of people think Chris LeDoux owes his career to garth brooks:rolleyes:

Cajun shooter 12-13-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcm719 (Post 13010891)
Eh Merle was better than his boy. Not on the same playin field as Ledoux's boy either.



Merles reputation was better, his voice was never as good a Bens.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcm719 12-13-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13010991)
Merles reputation was better, his voice was never as good a Bens.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ben's voice sounds like the product of a drunken "sword fight" night between Puke Bryan and Justin Beaver

Cajun shooter 12-13-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcm719 (Post 13011099)
Ben's voice sounds like the product of a drunken "sword fight" night between Puke Bryan and Justin Beaver



Iím going to just guess you donít have much of a music or voice background?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcm719 12-13-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13011252)
Iím going to just guess you donít have much of a music or voice background?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably the same as most people on here (heard music on radio or live at a concert/bar) did some karaoke a few times in past years. You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

Cajun shooter 12-13-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcm719 (Post 13011265)
Probably the same as most people on here (heard music on radio or live at a concert/bar) did some karaoke a few times in past years. You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine.



Yeah both entitled but I didnít hurl out right insults at one or the other. Lots of people (including me) love Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, Chris Kristofferson, but they had terrible voices and little talent in singing. They had great reputations and songs but thatís it.

Some people can see color and some people canít, some can paint and some canít, some can throw a football and some canít, some can hear music and some canít, but we can all have our opinion no matter our ability.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcm719 12-13-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13011303)
Yeah both entitled but I didnít hurl out right insults at one or the other. Lots of people (including me) love Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, Chris Kristofferson, but they had terrible voices and little talent in singing. They had great reputations and songs but thatís it.

Some people can see color and some people canít, some can paint and some canít, some can throw a football and some canít, some can hear music and some canít, but we can all have our opinion no matter our ability.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't insult your opinion, I simply stated mine. No reason to get butt hurt over something as insignificant as the preference of voice to a country song.

Cajun shooter 12-13-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcm719 (Post 13011332)
I didn't insult your opinion, I simply stated mine. No reason to get butt hurt over something as insignificant as the preference of voice to a country song.



Youíre kidding right? You insulted Ben Haggard and I didnít get ďbutt hurtĒ or even offended in the least. I simply made a simple point. I guess that was wasted.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcm719 12-13-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13011387)
Youíre kidding right? You insulted Ben Haggard and I didnít get ďbutt hurtĒ or even offended in the least. I simply made a simple point. I guess that was wasted.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did't insult Ben Haggard, I insulted his voice. Which still isn't insulting your opinion. I'm guessing (from reading your post in numerous threads) you like to argue for no reason in online forums as long as someone takes the bait.

This is boring. Good day.

Cajun shooter 12-13-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcm719 (Post 13011418)
I did't insult Ben Haggard, I insulted his voice. Which still isn't insulting your opinion. I'm guessing (from reading your post in numerous threads) you like to argue for no reason in online forums as long as someone takes the bait.



This is boring. Good day.



Where did I say you insulted me? I said I didnít hurl insults and one or the other (meaning singers) How is insulting Benís voice not insulting him? I tried to have a discussion with you. So what if we disagree?

The problem here is you just donít want to be wrong and you wonít even recognize what you did. If youíre afraid of a disagreement or argument then why did you respond to my post?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcm719 12-13-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13011436)
Where did I say you insulted me? I said I didnít hurl insults and one or the other (meaning singers) How is insulting Benís voice not insulting him? I tried to have a discussion with you. So what if we disagree?

The problem here is you just donít want to be wrong and you wonít even recognize what you did. If youíre afraid of a disagreement or argument then why did you respond to my post?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did I say you were insulted? The discussion is here and a plenty, I'm not afraid of a disagreement much less anything of the sort. We differ in our opinions (obviously) on what an actual "insult" is apparently.
I don't consider insult of a sound, color, texture or shape being an insult to ones' character. Now I can understand your point of view if I had said " Ben is gay" but I didn't.

Admitting I'm wrong is easy, when that is the case which this is not. And I can/do recognize when I am. Now if we are both on the same page, I'd be happy to continue this conversation about good music, talented artists and vice versa, but I'm not willing to compete for the highest rank of keyboard ninja over this.

bbqfan5909 12-13-2017 02:45 PM

Well, the two of you arguing ruined this thread...yes, he sounds like his dad to get back on track.

TxDispatcher 12-13-2017 02:45 PM

I'll chime in on Ben Haggard's abilities...he is fairly decent, surprisingly, but not impressive. Not knocking him at all...he is light years above most country artists out there today, IMHO ;)b however, he'll never be Merle...and Ned will never be Chris either.

The reason why, again IMHO, is because they won't sing with the same convictions as their fathers. Much like the reason i love Waylon, Willie, Kris, Johnny, Merle, etc., is because they sang with feeling, with conviction, with soul, with "heart" if you will...none of them had the smooth voice of Jim Reeves, Ray Price, or Glen Campbell, whom all are in my favorites as well, just different styles.

To me personally, there is more to music than lyrics and chords..and most people that I know don't really agree with me on that. I'd rather listen to someone who sings from their "gut", their soul, their heart, than to listen to a perfect pitch, flawless performance that is dead. Again, just my opinion :D

Okay, carry on :p

rcm719 12-13-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqfan5909 (Post 13011472)
Well, the two of you arguing ruined this thread...yes, he sounds like his dad to get back on track.

The thread isn't ruined, and the whole point of a "thread forum" is open discussion. And I agree he does sound alot like his daddy. ;)b

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDispatcher (Post 13011474)
I'll chime in on Ben Haggard's abilities...he is fairly decent, surprisingly, but not impressive. Not knocking him at all...he is light years above most country artists out there today, IMHO ;)b however, he'll never be Merle...and Ned will never be Chris either.

The reason why, again IMHO, is because they won't sing with the same convictions as their fathers. Much like the reason i love Waylon, Willie, Kris, Johnny, Merle, etc., is because they sang with feeling, with conviction, with soul, with "heart" if you will...none of them had the smooth voice of Jim Reeves, Ray Price, or Glen Campbell, whom all are in my favorites as well, just different styles.

To me personally, there is more to music than lyrics and chords..and most people that I know don't really agree with me on that. I'd rather listen to someone who sings from their "gut", their soul, their heart, than to listen to a perfect pitch, flawless performance that is dead. Again, just my opinion :D

Okay, carry on :p

I can accept that.

Cajun shooter 12-13-2017 03:57 PM

Ned Ledoux
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDispatcher (Post 13011474)
I'll chime in on Ben Haggard's abilities...he is fairly decent, surprisingly, but not impressive. Not knocking him at all...he is light years above most country artists out there today, IMHO [emoji6]b however, he'll never be Merle...and Ned will never be Chris either.



The reason why, again IMHO, is because they won't sing with the same convictions as their fathers. Much like the reason i love Waylon, Willie, Kris, Johnny, Merle, etc., is because they sang with feeling, with conviction, with soul, with "heart" if you will...none of them had the smooth voice of Jim Reeves, Ray Price, or Glen Campbell, whom all are in my favorites as well, just different styles.



To me personally, there is more to music than lyrics and chords..and most people that I know don't really agree with me on that. I'd rather listen to someone who sings from their "gut", their soul, their heart, than to listen to a perfect pitch, flawless performance that is dead. Again, just my opinion [emoji3]



Okay, carry on [emoji14]



I agree convictions from the heart makes a huge difference and you are right few (if any) have it today. The reason I think Merle and all the others you name had that conviction was because of what they lived. They saw hard times and broken lives and saw it for the tragedy it was and caused. Today thatís not happening much.

Having said that, if they donít have the same convictions from the heart at least give me a good voice and talent. Iím not going to jump on the band wagon just because they are someoneís relative.

One of the few recent artists I can appreciate today is Chris Stapleton and almost exclusively in Tennessee Whiskey.

rcm719 12-13-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun shooter (Post 13011722)
I agree convictions for the heart makes a huge difference and you are right fee (if any) have it today. The reason I think Merle and all the others you name had that conviction was because of what they lived. They saw hard times and broken lives and saw it for the tragedy it was and caused. Today thatís not happening much.

Having said that, if they donít have the same convictions from the heart at least give me a good voice and talent. Iím not going to jump on the band wagon just because they are someoneís relative.

One of the few recent artists I can appreciate today is Chris Stapleton and almost exclusively in Tennessee Whiskey.

He is a very talented musician, and that song is a good one.

see I can play nice:p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com