Tent Blind Trad Bow Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent Blind Trad Bow Holder

How do you guys hang/lean/rest your "loaded" Trad bow when hunting out of a Tent blind?

Or do just nock an arrow when something is coming in.

I have a design in mind and I'm kinda curious if there is something similar in the market. Not looking to make and sell them just looking for a better option/idea than what I am using now.

Here is what I'm thinking of making.

The idea is the upper limb would lean against the top "hook".

The main rod (vertical) would be roughly 3 foot tall and the top horizontal bar would be about a foot long and would resemble the last length of bar on an ez-hanger.

I'm hoping I can find some time to build a few before the season is over, otherwise it will be a springtime project.
    Attached Files

Most of the time I don't nock an arrow until things start to pick up. When I don't have an arrow nocked I just lean it against the wall, when I do have one nocked it's across my lap.

Comment

[ATTACH]875864[/ATTACH]
      Pic is sideways but I drove 1/2" EMT in the ground. Bent the end and wrapped it with tennis racquet handle wrap. Sorry for the side ways pic. It's so hot in this blind I got really frustrated with it.

Comment

That'll work. Can it be moved easily for different people's preferences?

Comment

Not really unless the grounds soft

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
            Most of the time I don't nock an arrow until things start to pick up. When I don't have an arrow nocked I just lean it against the wall, when I do have one nocked it's across my lap.
            Same here, don't want anything extra to bump in the blind

Comment

Bob... I have thought about the same thing... and like where your idea is going. I want something I can lean the bow against as I seem to have issues when they hang on something.

This is what I do... and it can be annoying. Nocked arrow, bow laying across lap.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Brandon M. View Post

Quote: "Same here, don't want anything extra to bump in the blind"

Exactly what I do, and all my gear in the back pack I place behind my chair still in easy reach, but out of the way.
                Last edited by Jimbo47; 10-05-2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

That would be worth a try!

Comment

Just hang a bungee cord from top pole and hook bow up, we do that with my sons compound bow and it works great.

Comment

I went all out! Had one of those old 1 piece bow holders that you push in the ground, more for compounds than anything, drove a piece of 3/8" rebar in the ground. Then put a piece of 1/2" PVC over it and stuck the bowholder into that. Works like a champ, you can put your bow in the holder or just lean it against. I'll get some pic's this weekend.

LD

Comment

Originally posted by Caddo View Post
                        I went all out! Had one of those old 1 piece bow holders that you push in the ground, more for compounds than anything, drove a piece of 3/8" rebar in the ground. Then put a piece of 1/2" PVC over it and stuck the bowholder into that. Works like a champ, you can put your bow in the holder or just lean it against. I'll get some pic's this weekend.

LD
                        Thanks that sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Currently I am using an ez-hanger and I just zip-tie the first part of the arm to the poles.

The problem is it still shakes the blind a little.

I might also try securing a piece of 1X6 or 2x4 to the poles and then screwing the ez-hanger into the wood.

Comment

I sit nocked with bow standing up if super close to target area or if removed and better cover laid across my lap.

A cheap idea: a 3'-4'-5' wrought iron shepherds hook for hanging baskets from a garden center...and done. Not collapsible but lays flat.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-05-2017, 01:42 PM. Reason: EditSpake

Comment

This is what I am doing currently and have always done. But I'm gonna figure out something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X