First time trapping/snaring advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time trapping/snaring advice needed

Back a couple weeks ago when we had snow I went to my new lease to look around and was amazed at all the coyote sign I had found. I’ve never seen that many sets of tracks and they were going EVERYWHERE!
    I even found an area where it looked like several coyotes had all bedded up together and hand the snow all beat down in about an 8’ circle.
    I quickly realized that I need to try to do something about it before the fawns start to drop. I don’t know of anyone around that even tries to control the predators. That is part of why they are so abundant.
    So,, I need advice on where to start. What’s better for a beginner? Traps or snares? Any advice is appreciated!

#4 leg hold traps, use about half dirt hole sets and half just pile up leaves.
    I caught 27 the first year I trapped my place

Comment

Thx Buff!!

Comment

Go to YouTube and you can get lots of instructions, complete with visuals. It ain't hard, but you gotta pay attention to details.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          #4 leg hold traps, use about half dirt hole sets and half just pile up leaves.
          I caught 27 the first year I trapped my place

27? holy coyotes!
          Last edited by rebelbow; 02-04-2018, 07:42 AM. Reason: hit enter to soon! lol

Comment

Set on hot sign.

Comment

Hole set, cold set and set over food/carcass

Comment

Working...
              X