Anyone been to Jamaica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Jamaica?

Wife and I are looking to take a small vacation 5-6 days. We've been all over the Caribbean and Mexico. Looking for something different. We were looking at the Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay (Adults-Only). Any insight on Jamaica from the Green Screen. Looking to go in early August.

I’ve been but only as part of cruise and we stopped there. I’ve heard from others that you probably want to stay in the resorts and not venture out too much. I’d think there might be better options for y’all out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I spent three weeks in Jamaica and it was a blast. Forget staying in the resorts, rent a car, stay at local B&B's and enjoy the culture. We rented a car and ended up seeing 90% of the island. The touristy resorts are fine if you just want to say you have been somewhere.

Comment

Don’t waste your time! One of the dirtiest and rudest islands I’ve ever been to! Try Cabo (yes I know it’s not an island), st Kitts, Turks, st crioux or maybe st Lucia. You’ll like them much more. If you do st Kitts take a day trip over to Noveus! It’s a small island very laid back and locals are awesome!

Comment

Jamaica is awesome. I would avoid Kingston(Industrial City) and Montego Bay(Feels like Cancun). Stay in Negril or Ochos.

Don't be afraid to leave the resort, the locals we met were all good people, and its a blast to get off the resort.

Bowhuntertx is spot on. We stayed at a resort, but left 4 of the 8 days we were there to explore.
          Last edited by WItoTX; 06-28-2018, 12:12 PM. Reason: .

Comment

If you go, you have to go to Dunn's River Falls!

Comment

Couples Swept Away resort in Negril. You can thank me when you get back!
              Awesome place, have been many times. Couples Negril resort is nice also. But we like Swept Away better. You will be treated like a king at both.

Comment

We liked Sandals in Ocho Rios. Yea the surrounding area is a dump but that goes for every carribean destination I have been too.

Comment

Originally posted by thehunted View Post
                  Wife and I are looking to take a small vacation 5-6 days. We've been all over the Caribbean and Mexico. Looking for something different. We were looking at the Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay (Adults-Only). Any insight on Jamaica from the Green Screen. Looking to go in early August.
                  No, no one's ever been to Jamaica. You will be the first green screen pioneer.

There definitely aren't any other TBH threads containing useful Jamaica information.

Comment

Wife and I went to Sandals Montego Bay back in April and had a blast. Everything from airport arrival to departure was turn-key and top notch.

We would not hesitate to go back.

Yes, Jamaica is a poor island, like many others in the Caribbean. All-inclusive is definitely the way to go as staying at the resort is what is recommended. The Sandals resorts are gated and 100% secure, with a security presence 24/7.

It really boils down to what you want out of the trip. If you are looking for beach style relaxation with all amenities steps away, then Jamaica is a great place to go; especially for the money. The negatives are the fishing isn't much and venturing out on your own is 50/50 at best. There are some decent excursions that can be taken.

Comment

If you’ve been all of the Caribbean, Jamaica is exactly the same. If you’re looking for something different, go to Alaska

Comment

Didn’t care for Jamaica at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X