TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bownanza 2019 (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Friday night Bownanza kickoff (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724523)

8pointer 02-26-2019 09:57 AM

Friday night Bownanza kickoff
 
Who all will be at the park Friday night? I'm looking forward to a strong whiskey drink, a good cigar and some good conversation!

Chew 02-26-2019 10:11 AM

I plan on it unless something crazy comes up at work.

RobinHood 02-26-2019 10:31 AM

Weíll be showing up sometime in the evening.
Me, the fiancť, and a Gentleman named Jack [emoji1303]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

louieagarcia 02-26-2019 10:53 AM

We should be there sometime Friday evening. Looking forward to some of those strong whiskey drinks ;)

sjaaaz 02-26-2019 11:43 AM

Jenn and I will be there. Friday night at Bownanza is always a good time

8pointer 02-26-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 14016991)
I plan on it unless something crazy comes up at work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinHood (Post 14017037)
Weíll be showing up sometime in the evening.
Me, the fiancť, and a Gentleman named Jack [emoji1303]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by louieagarcia (Post 14017080)
We should be there sometime Friday evening. Looking forward to some of those strong whiskey drinks ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjaaaz (Post 14017212)
Jenn and I will be there. Friday night at Bownanza is always a good time

Good deal! Looking forward to seeing you all!

RascalArms 02-26-2019 12:26 PM

Here here

NannySlayer 02-26-2019 04:07 PM

Iíll be there at some point. Got invited to go out with the OG gals... Uberís last stop will be the hotel LOL.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radar 02-26-2019 04:20 PM

What time y’all gonna be there?

scotty 02-26-2019 04:55 PM

I'm heading to the hotel right after work.

nursejenn 02-26-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjaaaz (Post 14017212)
Jenn and I will be there. Friday night at Bownanza is always a good time

Yep... what he said. Timing is up int he air though.

Muskles 02-26-2019 08:09 PM

The wife and I are planning to get to the hotel around 5ish. Well head over to the park once we know a crowd is gathering.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Black Ice 02-26-2019 08:28 PM

I should be there Friday somewhat early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB 02-27-2019 07:08 AM

I have Friday off so I'll mosey down to B/CS sometime. Might make lunch down that way. Who knows...;)

Jerry H 02-27-2019 12:57 PM

I will be there around 5:00 if not before.

SAC 02-27-2019 06:53 PM

Do we not gather at the hotel on Friday night? Been a few years since i made it.


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RascalArms 02-27-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAC (Post 14020352)
Do we not gather at the hotel on Friday night? Been a few years since i made it.


Most of us will be at the park pavilion. Hotel leadership has been known to frown on excessive night time activity in the lobby....just sayin. ;)

Michael 02-27-2019 07:57 PM

We'll be in and out Friday evening! ;)b

For those not hanging out at the park and hitting the town, The Tap is having Crawfish on the Porch Friday evening. My daughter, Courtney, will be working there (so tip big!) :D

Chew 02-27-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 14020471)
We'll be in and out Friday evening! ;)b

For those not hanging out at the park and hitting the town, The Tap is having Crawfish on the Porch Friday evening. My daughter, Courtney, will be working there (so tip big!) :D

Sounds like a plan!

Witchgrass 02-28-2019 05:47 AM

We will be there around 6:00.

Rotney 02-28-2019 11:24 AM

I am down here now. So everyone will know, the entrance to the park across from the hotels is closed due to construction. You will have to drive around to the other side to enter. So you might not want to be too strong on the libations for the ride back to the hotel. JMO

nursejenn 02-28-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14021514)
I am down here now. So everyone will know, the entrance to the park across from the hotels is closed due to construction. You will have to drive around to the other side to enter. So you might not want to be too strong on the libations for the ride back to the hotel. JMO

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Muskles 02-28-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14021514)
I am down here now. So everyone will know, the entrance to the park across from the hotels is closed due to construction. You will have to drive around to the other side to enter. So you might not want to be too strong on the libations for the ride back to the hotel. JMO

What the...?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RobinHood 02-28-2019 12:41 PM

Friday night Bownanza kickoff
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14021514)
I am down here now. So everyone will know, the entrance to the park across from the hotels is closed due to construction. You will have to drive around to the other side to enter. So you might not want to be too strong on the libations for the ride back to the hotel. JMO



Is it stumbling distance? [emoji16]

Weekend at Bernieís comes to mind. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotney 02-28-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinHood (Post 14021687)
Is it stumbling distance? [emoji16]

Weekend at Bernieís comes to mind. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll let you figure that out after you see the construction. Bring a headlight

Rotney 02-28-2019 01:30 PM

I guess Mary didnt tell them this was our weekend and to put it off for a week or two



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b3eaf55c23.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nursejenn 02-28-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14021789)
I guess Mary didnt tell them this was our weekend and to put it off for a week or two



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b3eaf55c23.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing a few bowhunters with 4x4s can't handle!!!!





Just kidding Mary! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Mary 02-28-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14021789)
I guess Mary didnt tell them this was our weekend and to put it off for a week or two



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b3eaf55c23.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, actually, we almost didn't get the park at all, and they were going to move us across town. Then, they assured me the work would be complete in time. LOL, the Rain Gods played a trick on them....I think the City is probably more frustrated than we will be. The constant and continual rain has surely slowed them down.

It will be alright...we will still be closer than the other park they were going to send us to. There were no hotels close to that one at all.

RobinHood 02-28-2019 02:26 PM

Tbh should rent some golf carts to shuttle folks to and from the hotel [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotney 02-28-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary (Post 14021863)
Well, actually, we almost didn't get the park at all, and they were going to move us across town. Then, they assured me the work would be complete in time. LOL....I think they are probably more frustrated than we will be. The constant and continual rain has surely slowed them down.

It will be alright...we will still be closer than the other park they were going to send us to. There were no hotels close to that one at all.



No complaints here Mary. Just letting everyone know. It's gonna be great as usual.

perow 02-28-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursejenn (Post 14018422)
Yep... what he said. Timing is up int he air though.

I am sad Todd wont be there this year not sure who else we can convince to try and smoke the cinnamon stick out of the shine :D

RascalArms 02-28-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14021514)
I am down here now. So everyone will know, the entrance to the park across from the hotels is closed due to construction. You will have to drive around to the other side to enter. So you might not want to be too strong on the libations for the ride back to the hotel. JMO

Well s***! [emoji35]

I elect Chew as DD! [emoji23]




Ok.......maybe not [emoji53]

nursejenn 02-28-2019 03:27 PM

There's always Uber y'all...

Heck i have a niece at A&M who night like a little extra cash... but she's probably gonna be home to see her boyfriend...

Rotney 02-28-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursejenn (Post 14022017)
There's always Uber y'all...

Heck i have a niece at A&M who night like a little extra cash... but she's probably gonna be home to see her boyfriend...


Are you kidding me, with all the manly studs that will be here this weekend, she might want to stay. lol

TXBlueEyes 03-01-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NannySlayer (Post 14017883)
Iíll be there at some point. Got invited to go out with the OG gals... Uberís last stop will be the hotel LOL.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see you back around. Wish I could make it too.

Todd-ty729 03-01-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perow (Post 14021979)
I am sad Todd wont be there this year not sure who else we can convince to try and smoke the cinnamon stick out of the shine :D

I'm sure someone will step up!:rolleyes:

8pointer 03-01-2019 10:46 AM

We will be leaving San Antonio around 4:30 this afternoon. Hoping to be at the Park by 8ish.

8pointer 03-01-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14021514)
I am down here now. So everyone will know, the entrance to the park across from the hotels is closed due to construction. You will have to drive around to the other side to enter. So you might not want to be too strong on the libations for the ride back to the hotel. JMO

So looking at the map, we will have to come into the park off Harvey RD instead of University? Is that correct?

Rotney 03-01-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8pointer (Post 14023589)
So looking at the map, we will have to come into the park off Harvey RD instead of University? Is that correct?



Correct



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8pointer 03-01-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotney (Post 14023610)
Correct



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. Thank you for letting us all know about the main entrance closure!

NannySlayer 03-01-2019 11:57 AM

Just pulled out! :D

ETA 3pm to start pre-gaming! Yee Yee!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd-ty729 03-01-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NannySlayer (Post 14023695)
Just pulled out! :D

ETA 3pm to start pre-gaming! Yee Yee!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail yea!

SaltwaterSlick 03-01-2019 12:57 PM

Y'all be safe drivin' and take it easy... Will see y'all in the mornin'... Hope to be there bout 8:00-8:15 to get Fish-heads up and gennin'... ...well after a few gorditas!! Those things are worth the trip over!

Smart 03-01-2019 01:02 PM

Yall have a good time folks. Sorry to miss it this year after 8 straight but it is what is... Drink one for me!

Witchgrass 03-01-2019 01:05 PM

We are fixing to leave Bandera, heading that way. Hoping to Stop at the boot barn to look for a new pair of boot. Whoop!

SAC 03-01-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14023802)
Yall have a good time folks. Sorry to miss it this year after 8 straight but it is what is... Drink one for me!

Dang the luck Smart. I have a few rings of our dried sausage packed up with your name on it.

Chew 03-01-2019 01:09 PM

Fueling up then on the wayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...796607aeb9.jpg

Chew 03-01-2019 01:12 PM

Looks like a handful of us are going to The Tap for crawfish. Hope some more can make it.

Smart 03-01-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAC (Post 14023823)
Dang the luck Smart. I have a few rings of our dried sausage packed up with your name on it.




Well ****..... that's a bummer..:(

RobinHood 03-01-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAC (Post 14023823)
Dang the luck Smart. I have a few rings of our dried sausage packed up with your name on it.



Iíll take them [emoji16][emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com