TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   3D/Tournament (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cowtown Bowemen!! (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744847)

mbranch 09-30-2019 02:51 PM

Cowtown Bowemen!!

I just submitted a membership to Cowtown Bowemen Archery club!! I hope to start this new venture in to archery here and make new friends doing it!!

jerp 09-30-2019 02:58 PM

Welcome to the club! Things will be slow event-wise until the first of the year when the club shoot series starts but until then I hope you will enjoy the range!

mbranch 09-30-2019 03:04 PM

Thank you jerp! Kinda what i was looking for i need some range time before events start!

jerp 09-30-2019 03:48 PM

When the weather gets cooler we will schedule a couple of work days to tackle some improvements around the property. If you are available we can always use the help and it would be a good chance for you to meet some of the members.

MRWHITE87 09-30-2019 03:56 PM

Welcome! I am a recent member myself. I attended the Iron Cowpatty shoot a few weeks back and it was a cool format. Everyone I met was more than polite (like most on this here green screen) and though I think it was the heat that caused a smaller turnout I felt it was a great day! I too am looking forward to next year with a calendar full of shoots to attend. WAY more fun than shooting the same 24yd shot in my back yard.

mbranch 09-30-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerp (Post 14401831)
When the weather gets cooler we will schedule a couple of work days to tackle some improvements around the property. If you are available we can always use the help and it would be a good chance for you to meet some of the members.

sounds good to me!

mbranch 09-30-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRWHITE87 (Post 14401850)
Welcome! I am a recent member myself. I attended the Iron Cowpatty shoot a few weeks back and it was a cool format. Everyone I met was more than polite (like most on this here green screen) and though I think it was the heat that caused a smaller turnout I felt it was a great day! I too am looking forward to next year with a calendar full of shoots to attend. WAY more fun than shooting the same 24yd shot in my back yard.

agreed i am pretty green to archery i have been shooting the same 20-25 yard shot in my yard for the last year and a half. LOL

MRWHITE87 09-30-2019 05:03 PM

Ahead of me then! I picked up my first bow in April of this year.
Dang addictive "hobby" though. I can't fling enough arrows to get bored yet. sore-yes. bored-not close.

mbranch 09-30-2019 05:09 PM

I am right there with you

xZachTheRipper8 10-01-2019 04:47 PM

Man I have been looking at signing up as well! I just got my first bow about 3 weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. I went to Fort Grard Sunday to shoot 3D targets to get some practice in and it was a blast! I will probably sign up for with Cowtown soon because its alot closer to me than Fort Grard is lol

mbranch 10-02-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xZachTheRipper8 (Post 14404773)
Man I have been looking at signing up as well! I just got my first bow about 3 weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. I went to Fort Grard Sunday to shoot 3D targets to get some practice in and it was a blast! I will probably sign up for with Cowtown soon because its alot closer to me than Fort Grard is lol

I hope to hone my skills in a combination of shooting the range at cowtown and shooting at home. I hope to be able to shoot at least 5 days a week at home and 2 at the range. but we all know how it goes with two young children at home its not about what I want to do!

MRWHITE87 10-02-2019 09:25 PM

It boggles me that lots of guys here only shoot their bows from blinds in October then don't touch their bows for 11 months.

I shoot dang near daily because its SO MUCH FUN!
Just bought my 6yr old a youth bow that I should pickup tomorrow so hopefully he'll be just as obsessed and we can shoot together.

jmark100 10-03-2019 11:35 AM

great club welcome

mbranch 10-04-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmark100 (Post 14408664)
great club welcome

Thank you!!