The duck opener is looking promising !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The duck opener is looking promising !

I have been seeing a ton of birds around the SE ok/ north Texas area this past week.

Had close to 1000 woodies come to roost on our flooded timber lake on the ranch and seeing a ton of birds around local lakes. Mallard, unusual large amount of pintails, woodies, teal, and lots of divers.

I bought a new duck boat for this season and I am absolutely pumped for the opener.

It's always a tough decision because season opens right in the middle of the whitetail rut for us.

Who else will be out opening day?

The new boat in early teal.

Video last night of the woodies coming to roost.
    Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

I hope it's good, have not seen too many big ducks down this way.

Comment

Hey q-all which xpress is that? I am thinks about getting one just looking at either h20 or sw20 don't know which one I want yet.

Comment

Thats awesome. I'll be out down here in the marsh. That front hit pretty good. Hopefully it pushed some birds down.

Comment

I have been on a turn around and finishing this week. Didnt even realize until this post that big duck opens this week end instead of deer opener like normal. I am very excited to find this out and will defintly be loading the dog up and going this week end for sure now.

Comment

I will most likely go. Not seeing many big ducks yet though

Comment

Unfortunately we are stuck waiting until November 7th to get after them, guess someone will have to twist my arm and force me to sit in a tree stand this weekend....

Comment

I'll be duck hunting. Already took an awesome buck this year. Looks like you guys are set for the season on ducks.

Comment

looks like a good season shaping up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
                    Hey q-all which xpress is that? I am thinks about getting one just looking at either h20 or sw20 don't know which one I want yet.

It is the XP20cc with the shallow water hull. (Tunnel and pods).

I have been super impressed. It will run 9" of water no problem all day.

Comment

Saw a fair number of big ducks weekend before last on the Devils River.

Comment

too much water around for us

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                            I have been seeing a ton of birds around the SE ok/ north Texas area this past week.

Had close to 1000 woodies come to roost on our flooded timber lake on the ranch and seeing a ton of birds around local lakes. Mallard, unusual large amount of pintails, woodies, teal, and lots of divers.

I bought a new duck boat for this season and I am absolutely pumped for the opener.

It's always a tough decision because season opens right in the middle of the whitetail rut for us.

Who else will be out opening day?
                            When did you pump your woods? Thats a good looking boat!

We don't have many ducks up here yet but starting to see a few. I saw a hundred or so mallards working into the slough Friday evening off of the stand but that's the first I've seen this year. I think this weather may bring a few down.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                              When did you pump your woods? Thats a good looking boat!

We don't have many ducks up here yet but starting to see a few. I saw a hundred or so mallards working into the slough Friday evening off of the stand but that's the first I've seen this year. I think this weather may bring a few down.
                              Saw 100 or so specs, probably 100 Canadas, and a few thousand snows between Wynne and Bald Knob on Wednesday off 64. Lots of fields were yet to be pumped but its getting closer!

Comment

Working...
                              X