How to cook Swordfish Steaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cook Swordfish Steaks?

HEB has some great looking swordfish steaks, my favorite fish meat! We have grown tired of just the "packaged" various fish choices and really want something different.

Neither Momma or I have ever cooked them ourselves so any ideas?

We would really like to grill them, but NO idea how long to cook, marinate, how you know when they are done? We have done a internet search and of course many suggestions, but I like to trust the GS recommendations.

Would appreciate a step by step recipe and how to cook...... Kuma

Salt and peper with olive oil.
    Put olive oil on the steaks and then roll in salt and pepper
    Slap them on an open wood grill and depending on how thick the fish or hot the fire is cook them about 3 to 5 min on each side.
    You do not want sword fish under cooked. It will be very white and flaky when done. If its not done it will be gray and mushey.

I also like it smoked.

You can also smear peanut butter, little chili pepper, paprika, ground ginger and a little lime juice on it before you grill and it makes it more of an Asian flavor.

Very good fish to eat.

Comment

I cooked some last Sunday about like posted above. Dry off. Rub with olive oil. Salt, pepper, garlic. Grill @ 400 for 6 minutes per side ( mine were about 1 1/4")

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

What they said ^

Big thing I'll add is dry them off as much as possible before drizzling EVOO on them. Helps get a good crust

Comment

Same as above but I use melted butter and also add a pat of butter on top after they are done.

Comment

Working...
            X