What do you get done at the Processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you get done at the Processor?

Taking in my buck today to get processed. I typically just get some regular sausage, jalapeño and cheese and hamburger meat and butterfly the back straps.

I’m wanting to try something new. What do you get done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing. I do it all myself and save alot of money

Sausage, hamburger plain, hamburger mixed with fat, jerky, tenderized steaks

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      nothing. I do it all myself and save alot of money

Sausage, hamburger plain, hamburger mixed with fat, jerky, tenderized steaks

Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chorizo and fajitas. I do everything myself but the chorizo I have a buddy/processor who does a good job at that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just picked up my son's. We had 15#'s of German Sausage, 15#'s of breakfast sausage, Hamburger with bacon ends mixed in, and backstrap butterflied.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
            Chorizo and fajitas. I do everything myself but the chorizo I have a buddy/processor who does a good job at that.

How do you do the fajitas? How do you season?

Comment

Summer sausage is usually a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                How do you do the fajitas? How do you season?
                Take my fillet knife and cut sheets, with the grain. The hunks in the hind quarters work best. Then I just season with bottle marinade from the store or a dry seasoning. I dont know the name of either. I'll check when I get home this evening. It is super tender when cut with the grain. I like to season them like steaks too and eat it that way. Good stuff.

Comment

The only thing we get from the processor is beef sticks and summer sausage with the trimmings pile. Generally around 20 lbs of those is all. The rest stays whole until we decide what we want to make.

Comment

Grind all into burger except bacstraps, quarter them and package separately.

Comment

Hot links, summer sausage, hunter sticks, and jap cheese sausage.

I grind my own burger and cut my own steaks. All I take to the processor is freezer bags of cubed venison. I know how many lbs to expect and I'm too lazy to learn how to make my own sausage and / buy / build sausage stuffer and a cold smoker

Comment

I am capable of doing my own, but sometimes convenience is key... I get klobase made at the processor and have them grind my burger in 1 lbs packages for me and a few sticks of jalep/cheese summer sausage. I do the back straps myself as well.

Comment

I do my own. I make summer sausage using a store bought mix, same with snack sticks and jerky. I freeze the trimmings in food saver bags and mark it grinds, cut the various roasts from the hind quarters I leave the tender loins whole and cut the back straps in half.
                          YouTube deer processing and you can learn a lot.

Comment

I only take my trimmings to the processor. And have them make sausage.

I use different processors to get different types made.

Comment

Some of you guys kill a lot of deer, but when you kill from zero to maybe two deer each season I don't think it's worth the time or investment to process myself, so I have it done.

As for suggestions, in addition to sausage and such I have them do a lean grind with no fat added. It works great for making ground jerky in my jerky shooter.

Comment

Working...
                              X