X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Lopsided 9" ... October 2015

Irion County - 146 6/8" 9pt.
    10/05/15

It's crazy how things work out sometimes. I killed my first deer when I was 12 years old and I've deer hunted every season since. Now 42, I finally killed a buck that has eluded me for almost 30 years of hunting.

I have seen and been around a lot of 9pts in my day but some how it has worked out that I have never killed one.

With each passing season it became a mission to kill one worthy of being my first 9pt.

I had two good chances in 2010 but I decided one was too young and the other one busted me and left without offering a shot.

I am very selective on what I chase each year. I try and give as much thought as possible into a buck before I try and kill him.

2015 is here....
    I was now faced with a buck I have been waiting on for a very long time. I was unsure on his age and was guessing he could be 4.5-5.5.

I talked with a few guys on the lease and I made up my mind it was time to relax a bit and just have a little fun.

On 10/05/15 my quest came to a close.

I asked Jeremy if he wanted to ride out to the lease with me and watch my hunt from the gun blind. It didn't take long to get set up for the evening hunt.

The gun blind is on the edge of a pad next to a Pump Jack and my bow blind is down in the draw not far away.

About an hour into the hunt I get a text from Jeremy saying "He's 50 yards behind you trying to get your wind".

I remained motionless in my blind trying not to move or make a sound. I was hoping he wouldn't come in from that way.

Soon I caught movement out of my side window .... It was him. He was standing about 14 yards away being real cautious.

I tried to remain calm but I couldn't take my eyes off him. I will never forget that vision of him standing there. He was the perfect buck!!!!

He finally made his way in and that's when I got ready...Grabbed the HOYT and was soon aiming at the buck I call "Lopesided 9". I waited till he got quartered away and buried the
    Wasp Jak-Hammer into that offside shoulder. It was all over in seconds as he covered the 70 or so yards and I heard the crash.

That's when I lost it. All the emotions took over. I was soon on my knees thanking God for everything and the ability to just spend another day out in his creation. I am very thankful!!!!

I know it's just deer hunting but I can't put into words how much this ole buck means to me.
    He was well worth the wait !!!

Thanks again Jeremy for taking the pictures.

Congrats!

Comment

Great deer and writeup!

Comment

Very good deer sir !!

Comment

Awesome deer. Congrats Brandon.

Comment

Congrats on a great nine and we do have a lot to be thankful for!!!

Comment

I'm always waiting to see what stud you going to get this year, you never let me down, awesome buck.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome deer and even better story with great pics to cap it off.

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats on a great buck

Comment

Beautiful deer! Congratulations amigo! When you told me you were going after a 9, I knew it was gonna be a nice one!

Comment

Great write up and congrats on a super buck.

Comment

Congrats on a beautiful buck.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That is a great buck! You kill a good one every year, so I would say you are doing something right. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X