Standby hunt cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standby hunt cost

What do they charge for a standby hunter if drawn on the state hunts?

I think it’s just of the permit cost which is around $130
    Last edited by Hydestik; 12-30-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
      I think it’s just of the permit cost which is around $130
      Yep, on the extended hunts. The other one is like $80.

Comment

Or it is free like at Kerrville's Schreiner park.

Comment

Same price as the permit.. Be prepared to be flexible in payment method

Comment

If you go standby, there is no application fee - just the regular permit fee. Payment needs to be by check, cashiers check, or money order. They WILL NOT accept cash. If they have Wi-Fi connection at the office, some of the TPWD WMA's will accept a credit card, but most of the Park hunts will not.

Comment

The TPWD book will show the cost and call the area for payment methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                If you go standby, there is no application fee - just the regular permit fee. Payment needs to be by check, cashiers check, or money order. They WILL NOT accept cash. If they have Wi-Fi connection at the office, some of the TPWD WMA's will accept a credit card, but most of the Park hunts will not.
                I've been selected for several standby hunts and have paid cash for all of them.

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger. Just posting the instructions from the web site.

STANDBY PERMITS

Contact the hunt area a week before the hunt period for details about the standby drawing process and permit availability.
                  If standby permits are available, a drawing will be conducted at the hunt area and prospective hunters are generally advised to be there by 10:00 a.m. on the first day of the hunt period to apply.
                  There is no application fee to enter a standby drawing; however, successful adult hunters must pay the permit fee. Standby permit fees may be paid by permanent check, cashier’s check or money order, NO CASH.
                  There are no fees for youth participants.
                  Participation as a standby applicant/hunter will NOT affect your application status or loyalty points in the drawn hunt system.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                    I've been selected for several standby hunts and have paid cash for all of them.
                    They won't take cash, check only

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      That must be something new in the last two years or location specific. I'll make sure I have my checkbook with me, as I plan on hitting up 4 or 5 WMA this year.
                      Last edited by Sideler; 10-15-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        That must be something new in the last two years or location specific. I'll make sure I have my checkbook with me, as I plan on hitting up 4 or 5 WMA this year.
                        Well, you got lucky then, since they are not supposed to take cash payments. There are some places that will take credit card.
                        Then, there are some places that won't do either, so there won't be any stand by hunts.

Comment

Working...
                        X