Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't get service at the lease? Use a prepaid phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get service at the lease? Use a prepaid phone?

We get service at our ranch but I get ZERO service at the lease. I hunt by myself often and that's not a good combo. Does anyone buy a prepaid phone or a cheap phone from another carrier?

I have Verizon. Have to as it's the only carrier that gets service where I work. Lease is between Brady and Mason. I'd obviously like data and texting but don't want to spend a fortune. Anyone else have the same situation?

I hunt a little in Brady. It's a black hole for Verizon. A guy I go with out there has AT&T and can get service

Comment

Same situation here. I have Verizon on my phone, iPAD, Family phones. Verizon cuts out about twelve miles from the place I hunt. I have an AT&T phone for the ranch....also for several towns in my territory I cover for work as well. Verizon is very limited out west of Llano, Junction area, etc. they claim to have the most coverage but not where I need it. Other problem is that my email and text for my business is all on my Verizon phone. I am seriously considering switching my phone and iPad to AT&T.

Comment

I'd get an at&t phone but that's a lot of money for very rare use

Comment

I used a go phone (by att) for awhile at my lease
          Cheap insurance if I needed to use it
          Finally switched everything over to att and ditched the go phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have verizon and get ZERO service in Concan where we hunt... had to buy an AT&T to-go phone for the ranch.

Comment

I hunt in Mason and have no service with Verizon. I got On Star for $20 a month no contact and now I have service while in my truck at our lease. The truck key has to remain on for it to work. Beats nothing or getting another provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The ATT go phone looks interesting. My truck is an 07 Chevy classic so I doubt the wifi option is available haha. If I spend $30-40 a month I'd want to text and have data too

Comment

Cricket uses AT&T towers and it a lot less expensive, may be an option for you.

Comment

I signed up for OnStar wifi internet in my pickup. My lease has really spotty cell service, but with the wifi I can text, email, facebook call/video call, etc...

Comment

We bought cheap cheap AT&T phones from Wal-Mart for around 30 bucks and bought the pre paid cards with data for around 30 bucks a month works for what we need at the lease

Comment

I bought a Straight Talk mobile hot spot from walmart 4gigs, for 40.00 and you can renew it anytime. The unit was 49.99 and it has worked every where so far. That includes most of New Mexico and all of South Texas.
                        Walmart also has phones for Straight Talk that did not cost much. I think ATT has a stake in the company as well.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          The ATT go phone looks interesting. My truck is an 07 Chevy classic so I doubt the wifi option is available haha. If I spend $30-40 a month I'd want to text and have data too
                          I have an AT&T go phone. I pay $32 per money only if I use it. During the off-season it may not be in use for months so no payments are made.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                            I have an AT&T go phone. I pay $32 per money only if I use it. During the off-season it may not be in use for months so no payments are made.
                            How does that work exactly?

Comment

I use AT&T prepaid as my main phone. When I go on hunts I carry an inactive Verizon prepaid phone as backup. If AT&T doesn't work, I can activate the Verizon phone with a credit card if it gets a signal.

Comment

Working...
                              X