Official Davy Crockett 2015-2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Davy Crockett 2015-2016 Thread

Ok here we go! Getting ready to head up and check cameras and start trying to get a plan of attack together. Has anyone been out yet? How are the acorns? How are the bucks? How do the fawns look? Any good deer spotted yet? Last year I got pics of a pretty good deer I plan to go after again this year. Last year my spot was found and my SD card was stolen so I lost all the pics. I have a pic of the pic. Lol. Hopefully he made it and is bigger now.

If anyone recognizes these pics.......you probably have my card and I would like it back. Lol. Good luck out there this year guys!!!!!!

Ive been in the woods every week a couple times a week since january. Deer are in great shape!! seeing some big bucks and fawn survival looks great. where i hunt trees are loaded with acorns. im finding the deer are around the water sources alot of the creeks are bone dry. looks to be a great year. i seen a buck yesterday evening that left me stunned and sitting speachless for about 15 minutes. not much longer at bow season will be here

Comment

I'll be scouting on Labor Day. Haven't hit the woods in quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
        I'll be scouting on Labor Day. Haven't hit the woods in quite a while.

Don't think I can make it that soon. It's killing me thou. I really wanna get out there.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          Don't think I can make it that soon. It's killing me thou. I really wanna get out there.
          Yeah I've had so many other things keep me at home the last several months. Will be good to kick some leaves around and pick up some ticks and skeeters

Comment

Glad to see this thread starting up. Looks like I'll be hunting the DCNF this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
              Glad to see this thread starting up. Looks like I'll be hunting the DCNF this year as well.

Is it your first year? If so......BEWARE! It's very addicting. Every year I think it can't get more exiting, last year I walked 3miles and ending up in a thicket surrounded by 8-10 deer and I ended up shoot a 125" 10 point. An amazing hunt I will remember forever.

Comment

Love the big ol crazy brows on that one.

Comment

Is it your first year? If so......BEWARE! It's very addicting. Every year I think it can't get more exiting, last year I walked 3miles and ending up in a thicket surrounded by 8-10 deer and I ended up shoot a 125" 10 point. An amazing hunt I will remember forever.
                  Did you get your 10 pt with a gun or bow?

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                    Did you get your 10 pt with a gun or bow?

This was my first buck in 3 yrs with a gun. Last year was very hard and slow for me. I bow hunted every weekend all bow season and the first two weeks of rifle. The third weekend of rifle I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed my gun and started walking!

Comment

I'm not knocking it, I hunt hard bow season but when I can use the ole 270 at davy crockett I'm using it lol
                      This was my first buck in 3 yrs with a gun. Last year was very hard and slow for me. I bow hunted every weekend all bow season and the first two weeks of rifle. The third weekend of rifle I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed my gun and started walking!

Comment

Nice buck ! I hunted the DCNF when I didn't have a lease. It's been 12 yrs or so though. Love that part of east tx.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                          Nice buck ! I hunted the DCNF when I didn't have a lease. It's been 12 yrs or so though. Love that part of east tx.

Thank you. Here is one from 2yrs ago. THIS ONE I got with my bow. 42yrd shot. Hit him far back. Very very long track job.

Comment

Thank you. Here is one from 2yrs ago. THIS ONE I got with my bow. 42yrd shot. Hit him far back. Very very long track job.

Great deer. What time of year was it?

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                              Great deer. What time of year was it?

I believe it was 3rd weekend of archery. Towards the end of October.

Comment

Working...
                              X