TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traditional (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   TBH Trad Hog Hunt 2019 (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690588)

Phillip Fields 04-25-2018 08:21 PM

TBH Trad Hog Hunt 2019
 
Looks like the weekend of April 26-28 will be the dates for 2019. The Hill Country Shootout will probably be the 13th - 14th and Easter is on April 21. That leaves the first weekend of April 5-7 or the last weekend of April 26-28 available for our hunt if we want to keep the hunt in April. I would rather hunt later in the month so it looks like April 26 - 28 is it.

little john 04-25-2018 08:22 PM

Sounds good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

KenWood 04-25-2018 09:00 PM

Would like to be in if someone can’t make it.

Hunter Todd 04-26-2018 08:16 AM

Sounds great to me! My liver should be back up and running smooth by then.;)b

Featherflinger 04-26-2018 10:41 AM

Sounds great! Can’t wait!

SwampRabbit 04-26-2018 11:16 AM

Back on the waiting list for this year. I'll put those dates on the calendar though when we get one for 2019 ;)b

chackworth3 04-28-2018 08:50 PM

Sounds good;)b

Phillip Fields 05-10-2018 08:18 PM

I sent Dale a deposit check and he has confirmed us for April 26-28, 2019.

Some of my family members have expressed, due to my advancing age, some misgivings about my driving 2 days, 1200 miles by myself. So, with the permission of the group I would like to reserve the 12th spot for someone to accompany me, probably my bother. With this in mind here is the list for 2019.

1. Phillip Fields
2. EnW
3. Featherflinger
4. Chackworth
5. Hunter Todd
6. TxMark
7. Little John
8. Jake the snake
9. Hunter
10. JimboFire
11. RArmendariz
12. Reserved

little john 05-10-2018 08:52 PM

Absolutely. Without question brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Featherflinger 05-11-2018 08:01 AM

Awesome. Sounds good!

R.Armendariz 05-12-2018 01:07 PM

I won’t be at this coming years hog hunt this will allow someone else an opportunity in on the fun.

DRT 05-12-2018 05:11 PM

I'm sure they won't have trouble filling it. They seem to have a great time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Phillip Fields 05-14-2018 10:26 AM

SwampRabbit will be taking Roger's place.

1. Phillip Fields
2. EnW
3. Featherflinger
4. Chackworth
5. Hunter Todd
6. TxMark
7. Little John
8. Jake the snake
9. Hunter
10. JimboFire
11. SwampRabbit.
12. Reserved

Hunter Todd 05-16-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields (Post 13366158)
I sent Dale a deposit check and he has confirmed us for April 26-28, 2019.

Some of my family members have expressed, due to my advancing age, some misgivings about my driving 2 days, 1200 miles by myself. So, with the permission of the group I would like to reserve the 12th spot for someone to accompany me, probably my bother. With this in mind here is the list for 2019.

1. Phillip Fields
2. EnW
3. Featherflinger
4. Chackworth
5. Hunter Todd
6. TxMark
7. Little John
8. Jake the snake
9. Hunter
10. JimboFire
11. RArmendariz
12. Reserved

Great Idea!!!

EnW 05-20-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields (Post 13366158)
Some of my family members have expressed, due to my advancing age, some misgivings about my driving 2 days, 1200 miles by myself. So, with the permission of the group I would like to reserve the 12th spot for someone to accompany me, probably my bother.

Sounds like a great idea. Already looking forward to the campfire time!
-Eric

Phillip Fields 07-30-2018 05:25 PM

We're still 9 months out, but I was thinking about this hunt this morning.

Hunter Todd 08-01-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields (Post 13516726)
We're still 9 months out, but I was thinking about this hunt this morning.

Cant wait to get back out there and see everyone again!

Phillip Fields 09-25-2018 12:42 PM

We're only 7 months out! Hope everyone has a good deer season.

little john 09-25-2018 12:45 PM

Yes sir just picked up some single blade pile drivers to try out this year

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hunter Todd 09-25-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields (Post 13647444)
We're only 7 months out! Hope everyone has a good deer season.

Phillip, what you say, this year, we get Toody to release you and I a couple of Black Bears out there? spice things up a little. ha!:D

Phillip Fields 09-25-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Todd (Post 13647981)
Phillip, what you say, this year, we get Toody to release you and I a couple of Black Bears out there? spice things up a little. ha!:D

I'm all for that. :)

MIHunter 09-27-2018 06:35 PM

Is there a wait list? If so I'd like some info please.

Phillip Fields 09-27-2018 08:14 PM

MIHunter, I sent you a PM.

MIHunter 09-28-2018 08:41 AM

Got it, Thanks!

little john 10-19-2018 10:56 PM

Got to see this fella make a scrape about 45yrd fr9m the stand yesterday https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb7d05130d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SwampRabbit 10-20-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little john (Post 13715969)
Got to see this fella make a scrape about 45yrd fr9m the stand yesterday https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb7d05130d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk



Whoah!!!! Nice ;)b

That'll get the ticker thumping!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hunter Todd 10-25-2018 09:05 AM

You need to gig that one Little John!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again on this hunt.

Phillip Fields 10-26-2018 07:34 AM

Go get'em Little John. Only 6 months until the TBH Trad Hog Hunt. As always, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Phillip Fields 11-27-2018 08:08 AM

Getting closer, only 5 months to go.

Hunter Todd 11-27-2018 09:44 AM

I'm ready too Phillip!

Phillip Fields 12-04-2018 09:34 PM

I think that this year, in addition to my usual Yuengling, I will bring a bottle or two of Mitcher's Small Batch Bourbon, my favorite. I realize that Jeff prefers something classy like Evan Williams, but we can lock him in a cage at the edge of camp, with a bottle of water, while we sip some Mitcher's.

Hunter Todd 12-06-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields (Post 13837025)
I think that this year, in addition to my usual Yuengling, I will bring a bottle or two of Mitcher's Small Batch Bourbon, my favorite. I realize that Jeff prefers something classy like Evan Williams, but we can lock him in a cage at the edge of camp, with a bottle of water, while we sip some Mitcher's.

Best idea ever!!!!:D

Phillip Fields 01-03-2019 08:13 AM

We are a little less than 4 months out. My brother Lewis will be taking the 12th spot. This is the list as I have it now. There are some that I have not received a deposit from yet. As always, I am looking forward to seeing everyone again, and chasing some piggies.

1. Phillip Fields
2. EnW
3. Featherflinger
4. Chackworth
5. Hunter Todd
6. TxMark
7. Little John
8. Jake the snake
9. Hunter
10. JimboFire
11. SwampRabbit.
12. Lewis

Hunter Todd 01-03-2019 11:09 AM

Phillip, I'll be sending our deposits very soon. Sorry about that. I can't wait to get back there and see everyone again.
Mark and I were talking about ways change to hunt up a little. What do you guys think about somehow marking one of the pigs as a "Most Wanted"? Everyone could put $10 in a pot then whoever kills the Most Wanted pig gets the pot. Just an idea...……….

Phillip Fields 01-03-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter Todd (Post 13899717)
Phillip, I'll be sending our deposits very soon. Sorry about that. I can't wait to get back there and see everyone again.
Mark and I were talking about ways change to hunt up a little. What do you guys think about somehow marking one of the pigs as a "Most Wanted"? Everyone could put $10 in a pot then whoever kills the Most Wanted pig gets the pot. Just an idea....

I like it. Maybe use a paintball gun to mark one, if anybody has access to one.

Hunter Todd 01-03-2019 11:54 AM

We can just let Jeff drink for a few hours, then he can run one down and bite notches in its ears.:D

Hunter Todd 01-15-2019 09:42 AM

Phillip our deposit check is in the mail! We are getting closer by the day to a really fun time.

Phillip Fields 01-15-2019 09:45 AM

Thanks Todd, I'll let you know when I get it. I really look forward to this every year.

Hunter Todd 01-15-2019 10:31 AM

I also sent you a PM Phillip.

Phillip Fields 01-18-2019 01:40 PM

Todd, I received your deposit check today. Thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com