Replacement felt for QAD rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement felt for QAD rest

What is the best replacement felt material for a drop away rest? Do I just buy the QAD brand or is there someone that makes something better?

Was told they have come out with a better felt for them now. I need some myself.

Comment

Mine lasted 4 months, it’s wore thru already. I was hoping someone made a better one

Comment

I don’t know how it compares to QAD brand but I always just use moleskin.

Comment

Doesn't look like they improved the felt.

This will work better I bet.

Comment

I have used mole skin and a black sharpie in a pinch. My local shop usually replaces it for free when I am getting other adjustments done.

Comment

after i installed the felt on mine i wrapped it with serving...

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                I have used mole skin and a black sharpie in a pinch. My local shop usually replaces it for free when I am getting other adjustments done.
                Whats the sharpie for?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Whats the sharpie for?
                  Make that skin colored mole skin black. Stealth technology and all that.

Comment

Moleskin, no need for the Sharpie. If an animal sees that moleskin, they have seen you WAY before that! LOL!

Comment

I have used QAD replacement felt and also I have put a small strip of fuzzy velcro in the center of the launcher arm and heat shrink tubing on the posts. Like this, but this is not my photo.

Comment

The velcro you put on there is the carpet side or or the hook side?

Comment

I ordered some from an outfit called Stealthy Draw. We will see how long that lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Moleskin, no need for the Sharpie. If an animal sees that moleskin, they have seen you WAY before that! LOL!

Believe me. Purely just a dumb picky thing. Ninja style.

-------------------------------
                            Violence never settles anything
                            -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                              Believe me. Purely just a dumb picky thing. Ninja style.

-------------------------------
                              Violence never settles anything
                              -Genghis Kahn
                              Understood, I was needling you a little as I have done exactly the same thing you do before. Getting too old and lazy to do it anymore!

Comment

Working...
                              X