Air Conditioner replacement DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Conditioner replacement DFW

I am in McKinney specifically. Our 20 year old AC has finally got to the point of replacement. I don't know much of anything about home AC. Does anyone have experience with any good guys in this area. It is so hard to tell with online reviews.

We have had Airmax and A#1 air come out. Both are recommending Daiken. Again I don't know anything. I know anything is a vast improvement over what we have.

We have 2 units for a 2800 sq ft 2 story. Only replacing one for now. The Airmax guys suggested a SEER 16 but the A#1 air suggested an 18 SEER based on the tonage of the 18 SEER. The came up with this from some calculator that they showed my wife. There is a huge difference in price but that also factors in a 2-stage vs. single stage. Plus wifi-thermostat which I don't imagine would increase the price significantly.

I would appreciate any help if you guys have any. Thanks.

I can give you my guys number small set up but being I have 4 units to deal with on my land he has taken care of me great each and every time

Comment

I would atleast let Walker AC come out and give you a quote. Elliscountyhog on here family's owns it and they have done TONS of work for TBH members

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        I would atleast let Walker AC come out and give you a quote. Elliscountyhog on here family's owns it and they have done TONS of work for TBH members

This here.....Richard "elliscountyhog" is a good TBHer to call...

He can't catch fish or kill deer but he can can do AC like a champ..

Comment

sending you my guys number, he lives in Maypearl but he a great guy and has the best price. He did both of mine. Give him a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            This here.....Richard "elliscountyhog" is a good TBHer to call...

He can't catch fish or kill deer but he can can do AC like a champ..
            Hahahahha!!!

Comment

Smart is just jealous because I actually kill big deer and catch big fish. I don't just kill dove and catch catfish in a high fence! LOL

Jtrage. Shoot me a message.

Disregard. My office just sent me your number.

Comment

I wouldn’t spend a ton of extra money to go to the 18 SEER 2 speed. 16 will be tons more efficient than what you had and a less complicated than the 18. WiFi thermostat is nice but not necessary. Daiken are pretty good, I’ve set plenty of them with no major complaints. But every company is a dealer for a certain brand or two, so those two companies just happened to push Daiken.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith View Post
                  I wouldn’t spend a ton of extra money to go to the 18 SEER 2 speed. 16 will be tons more efficient than what you had and a less complicated than the 18. WiFi thermostat is nice but not necessary. Daiken are pretty good, I’ve set plenty of them with no major complaints. But every company is a dealer for a certain brand or two, so those two companies just happened to push Daiken.
                  Not about the efficiency for us as much as the comfort between the two. Variable speed system remove much more humidity. Thus making 78 feel like 68.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post

I also recommend Richard. He will take care of you and make sure it’s done right.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                      Smart is just jealous because I actually kill big deer and catch big fish. I don't just kill dove and catch catfish in a high fence! LOL

Jtrage. Shoot me a message.

Disregard. My office just sent me your number.

Lmao

Comment

Thanks guys. Sending pm now.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                          I also recommend Richard. He will take care of you and make sure it’s done right.
                          Even if it cost me in the end, I dang sure make sure my TBH brothers and sisters are well taken care of . Heck one day I will be able to do a variable speed like yours in my house. I am jealous for sure!

Smart! You know its the truth cupcake

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                            Even if it cost me in the end, I dang sure make sure my TBH brothers and sisters are well taken care of . Heck one day I will be able to do a variable speed like yours in my house. I am jealous for sure!

Smart! You know its the truth cupcake

Arrowing or catching trashfish doesn’t count[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Another vote of confidence in Richard!

He hangs with some questionable fishin dudes

Comment

Working...
                              X