i love the freaks! nice deer btw.

Comment

Wow, he is freaky!

Comment

not sure what caused it but that is one neat looking buck

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what he looks like in a few months

Comment

Almost certainly injured. I've seen bucks injure one side that turns freaky and return to normal the next year.

Comment

Don't know how much land you have but he looks fairly young. If you are able to keep him from being shot, I'd like to see him in a couple of years!!!

Comment

He'd make a sweet mount!

Comment

I'm votin for injury. Let him walk if ya can and see what he looks like next year!

Comment

let him walk but he is a freak

Comment

Originally posted by jkf123 View Post
                      Pulled this one tonight. Injured maybe?

[ATTACH]108153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]108154[/ATTACH]
                      Give me the chance and I will really injure him!!!!!!

Comment

Very interesting. I live in Jasper County and have one just like him (only bigger oon the "freak" side) behind my home. The one here is also blind in the eye where the abnormal point are located. I named mine "Tripod". There are a couple of pics posted on the Trad site from about 1 month ago. He just returned last week and is much bigger now.

BTW...I hunted on the Pesch Ranch in Doss several years ago. Very nice area with a bunch of deer and lots of arrowheads. best of luck with him.

Doug Key

Comment

I believe that is a genetic thing, one ranch I guided on had several bucks like this. I asked the owners brother if he had ever seen these deer and his comment was "I have been watching them since there first set of antlers and they have always been this way. I later confirmed what made me decide it was a genetic thing by videoing one evening and one location, three (3) generations of bucks all with the same freaky headgear. same as in they would have been basic 8 if not for the deformation on the left side. all three bucks left sides were the exact same, a biologist agreed that it was genetic after viewing the video of these three bucks at the same location.

A abcessed (sp) tooth can cause this to happen but wasnt the case in this situation, one of these deer were harvested and several others from different locations and all jaw bones/teeth were good.

Comment

call him "tripod"

Comment

Cool lookin deer. He looks plenty healthy, so I'd be anxious to see how he turns out in the next couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                              X