Suggestion on a Bow Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion on a Bow Case

As some of you know, thanks to the good people at the LSBA I'll be going to Africa this summer. Well, after reading Dena's Africa thread in the Hunting Reports section, I've decided I need a good strong case to transport my bow in. Well I wanted to get an SKB case and did my best to fit my Parker Frontier into the dimensions Lip e-mailed me (Thanks again Lip, for all the trouble) but not even with a little foam carving would it have been possible. Apparently the fit chart wasn't lying when it said my bow doesn't fit into anything they make. So, I'm looking for a sturdy double bow case that'll keep my bows shooting straight regardless of the amount of times airport personnel decide to kick it around. Of course to make things more complicated my backup bow is an old Bear Grizzly Supreme. After looking at some of the prices of the other aluminum cases out there I'm starting to think maybe some of those plastic cases might be sturdy enough, maybe? So, I've decided to get some opinions from the best resource on the internet...TBH! What do you guys think? I don't really want to spend more than $150, but may be able to talk myself up to $200.

I found a Plano Bow-Max™ Double Bow Case for a good price but can't really tell by looking at it just how sturdy it is.

Anyone have one of these cases? Anyone else shoot a Parker? Anyone with a little insight?

Comment

I'm sorry I can't help you, as I have never hunted anywhere I had to take a plane. I'm sure if you give it a couple of days, someone will have a suggestion.

Comment

i have a plano bow case but not sure if it will handle the loading crew at the airport

Comment

Originally posted by ccbowhunter View Post
          i have a plano bow case but not sure if it will handle the loading crew at the airport
          Which Plano case do you have? I have one of the older ones I bought years ago. No way It'd hold up. But the newer ones look a lot sturdier.

Comment

I really like my Vanguard case...

Comment

I just bought the SKB Double Rectangular case (4114A). I think they are $229 or 239 at cabelas. I hesitated buying it because of ALL of the ones they had in the store (6 total), they ALL were warped at least a little which cause the ends to have a slight gap when closed.

Not sure if that affects the use, but I wasn't happy about paying that much for a case that I knew was not closing 100%. I took it to customer service and they nocked $30 off the price. Never hurts to ask.

You can easily get 2 bows in this case, unlike the SKB Freedom double. There aren't any straps to secure the bow on the inside though which is something I am going to rig up myself.

If you just take one bow, you can get a bunch of clothing/gear in there too!

Comment

I have a newer Plano case. Has supports to keep it from crushing. Still think it may break when handled by the baggage crew. I would definately torture test it myself before taking it.

Comment

TxHunter83 & ShockValue, what are the inside dimensions of those cases?

Comment

Try pelican cases.......I think you can drive over them without damage. I'm not sure if they have a size for two bows, but there sure are tough!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      TxHunter83 & ShockValue, what are the inside dimensions of those cases?
                      I'm pretty sure this is the one I bought. Check out the reviews and you will see the "warping" is common with this case. I just couldn't find one that I felt more comfortable with as far as protection.

There is a piece of foam in the middle that is not shown here that goes in the middle and holds everything in snug.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                        Try pelican cases.......I think you can drive over them without damage. I'm not sure if they have a size for two bows, but there sure are tough!
                        Here's the website: http://www.pelicanproducts.us/default.aspx?Affiliate=13

Comment

Take (2) cases...It would blow if both bows didn't show up

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                            Where can you buy pelican cases?

Comment

Working...
                            X