Little Girl in Houston with Leukemia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Girl in Houston with Leukemia

Hey guys and gals. A good friend of mine has a coworker that is organizing a benefit for a little girl in Houston that was diagnosed with Leukemia. I do not know the little girl, but I'm good friends with the person that sent this to me, and I contacted the originator of the email and spoke to her for a while about it.

apparently, the mother is a single parent and was teaching at a local public school up until this happened. She had to quit working in order to do the daily routine of taking her daughter to the hospital for treatments.

I have had a couple friends recently that are dealing with leukemia with their kids, and I can't imagine how difficult it must be.

I know a lot of you are in Houston and thought that on April 4th, when they have the benefit and silent auction, maybe you could stop by and pick up a BBQ plate that they're selling. They are also accepting donations of whatever they can get to auction off on that same day. They are holding the event at Danbury Park and will have other things going on like a moonwalk, facepainting, etc. I do not believe a specific time has been set yet.

Thanks

Below is the contact information for the woman who is organizing this.

Jennifer A. Grier

Instrument / Electrical Department

S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.

7825 Park Place Blvd.

Houston, TX 77087

Office: 713-845-4487

Cell: 832-215-6208
    Attached Files

Prayers up for her and her family, they have a tough row to hoe.

Comment

definitely an uphill battle , as prayers sent for the family affected

miracles can and do happen everyday

I have Faith that GOD will watch over this young child

I'm also very thankful for places like St Jude ...... a first class operation that helps the children in need

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

That just pulls at the heart strings! I HATE to see kids that are sick or in pain. Now that I have a little girl of my own, it just makes it that much more hard to see. I cant even begin to imagine what the family is going through. I will keep that family and that beautiful little girl in my prayers.

Comment

Just when you think you have problems. Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
              Just when you think you have problems. Prayers sent.
              That's the truth.... makes alot of the things I think are a "big deal", not such a big deal anymore.

Comment

Prayer sent ^ for the little girl & her family.

Comment

Prayer sent!

Comment

Prayers up.
                    Man, that third picture just ain't fair.

Comment

Prayer sent. Puts kind of a lump in your thoat.

Comment

Here's the email I got originally, plus a few more photos

All,

One of my very close friend's (practically family) daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia in November. My friend is Jessica Fuselier and her daughter is 2 year old Callie. Callie has been in and out of Texas Children's Hospital since November. Jessica is a single mother and teacher. She has been unable to work since Callie's diagnosis due to numerous hospital visits throughout the past several months. As many of you can imagine, this takes a toll financially as well as emotionally.

To help Jessica and Callie, a benefit is being held at Danbury Park on April 4th. I do not have all of the specifics yet, but will pass that information along when I have it. There will be BBQ plates, a live and silent auction, face painting, a moonwalk, a raffle, and many other activities that day.

We are currently looking for items to place in the auctions and raffle. If you or anyone you know is interested in donating an item, please let me know. On behalf of the family, I thank you in advance. When more information is available, I will pass it along.

Thanks, Jennifer
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          Here's the email I got originally, plus a few more photos ..............O ne of my very close friend's (practically family) daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia in November. My friend is Jessica Fuselier and her daughter is 2 year old Callie.
                          Thanks, Jennifer

I bet she has family around Lafayette , LA

Quite a few Fuseliers in the Acadiana area

more prayers sent for God's little angel Callie

Kyle, not sure I can make that event since I live across state lines

can you find out where I can send a donation for Callie and her mother

PM offline is OK
                          Last edited by Cajun Blake; 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X