FYI - Gout sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - Gout sucks!

Woke up Saturday morning with my left foot killing me. Monday went to he foot doc and found out it is gout. I've never had this before and wouldn't wish it on anybody! Got some meds for it, but haven't been to work this week. Come hell or high water I'm going tomorrow. I'm running out of time off.

amen. I am 36 and have it in my left big toe. when it acts up it is horrible

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      amen. I am 36 and have it in my left big toe. when it acts up it is horrible
      Yep. Exactly where I get it. Cherry juice helps. Eating a lot of protein, especially red meat and shellfish, and alcohol seem to be the trigger for me.

Comment

Luckily mine is well controlled with meds. Mine was always in my ankles. It is hell and feels like my joints are full of ground glass. Good luck with the meds. I took allopurinol for years and did pretty well. I take uloric now and haven’t had a flare in probably 2 years.

Comment

Luckily mine is well controlled with meds. Mine was always in my ankles. It is hell and feels like my joints are full of ground glass. Good luck with the meds. I took allopurinol for years and did pretty well. I take uloric now and haven’t had a flare in probably 2 years.

Comment

Allopurinol is your friend. Have had 2 or 3 bad bouts of it over the years and since I started taking it I've not had one flare up. Ruined a bear hunt in Canada for me once. Used to get it in my ankles and it was horrible.

Comment

I must have a form of it or arthritis. Mine is in my ankle. Hurts most when I take my shoe off and prop my feet up. Like someone's jabbing a knife in it for about 30 minutes . It hurts some during the day but nothing like when I first get off of my feet.

Comment

I've had it twice before right after consuming pork. Since I've cut it out of my diet or at least eating pork sparingly, I've never had it again. It's been years but yeah, it totally sucks!

Comment

It is in my left big toe also. I'm not sure what meds I have. Last night was my first dose. Hopefully it works. The only food that might have triggered it is shrimp. We don't have them very often but had shrimp for dinner last Thursday.

Comment

I’ve heard how horrible it is, hopefully you can get it under control.

Comment

Drink A LOT of water!

Comment

Lots of water and ibuprofen to help relieve the pain. It will also help with inflammation.

Comment

Oh.... and ice it for swelling!

Comment

left big toe here also! Usually have a flare up once or twice a year. The last one was so bad i actually went to the Dr. and he prescribed me Colchosine, not sure if that's how its spelled, but it's close! Was a life saver for me!!

Comment

Had it terribly in my right ankle twice - pinpointed the flare-ups to Coors Light - I haven't had a Coors Light since and I haven't had gout since either! Had both Colchrys and Prednisone prescribed to me both times and it knocked it right out.
                              Last edited by Twipper333; 10-16-2019, 01:20 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                              X