Something wrong with rifles these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something wrong with rifles these days?

I hunt just west of Austin and it sure seems like everyone around here has a rifle issue.
    I never hear just one shot. Typically it 3 or 4 occasionally its only 2. Now, I figure it must be the guns fault since we bow hunters struggle with bad broadheads
    I guess it just could be a bad shot taker but saying that would probably get someone bent out of shape.

Could be shooting at multiple hogs/exotics. Or shooting till it's on the ground.

Comment

Back in high school my dad and I had a little lease down towards Utopia. I remember one opening morning it sounded like a war zone and I heard 4 shots in a row, then 30 seconds later another four shots. Abound 10 seconds later I heard a different hunter yell out “sight in your ******* gun!!” I got a chuckle out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
        Back in high school my dad and I had a little lease down towards Utopia. I remember one opening morning it sounded like a war zone and I heard 4 shots in a row, then 30 seconds later another four shots. Abound 10 seconds later I heard a different hunter yell out “sight in your ******* gun!!” I got a chuckle out of it.
        That's pretty funny

Comment

That’s what happens after watching The Rifleman,starring Chuck Connors.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
            That’s what happens after watching The Rifleman,starring Chuck Connors.
            Lol

Comment

Well.......it is a 5 deer county, isn't it?

Comment

Many years ago I was told:
                1 shot - dead deer
                2 shots - probably dead deer
                3 shots - maybe dead deer
                4 shots - no deer

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  1 shot - dead deer
                  4 shots - no deer
                  Let me be honest.....this absolutley applied.to me on a couple occasions while hunting muledeer in. Colorado.
                  Last edited by flywise; 11-18-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    1 shot - dead deer
                    4 shots - no deer

I agree with this.

Comment

Can't remember the last time I needed a follow up shot on a deer & only keep a couple rounds in my 280...don't recall ever shooting more than twice?? Varmint guns are full.

I do get a kick out of a guy on our lease who shoots big magnums & every bolt gun has one of those elastic sleeves over the butt stock with an extra freak'n box worth of rounds he totes 15 yards to the blind??

Comment

I don't deer hunt with a rifle anymore but when I did I was a shoot til it drops guy. I'm still that way with pigs I don't ear hole, coyotes, coons, squirrels, etc.

Comment

. I think we know off the shelf rifles, scopes and ammo are more accurate now than they have ever been.

It's not the arrow, it's the Indian applies to rifles also.

Comment

I’ve been hearing that quite a bit this season on properties within earshot of my lease - rapid multiple shots. I think it is an indication that the pig infestation is as bad in the whole area as it is on our lease

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              I do get a kick out of a guy on our lease who shoots big magnums & every bolt gun has one of those elastic sleeves over the butt stock with an extra freak'n box worth of rounds he totes 15 yards to the blind??
                              Hey man those sleeves are pretty handy. I always completely unload my gun getting into and out of the stand and those sleeves are a convenient spot to put my shells. And I never have to worry about forgetting to put shells in my pocket

Comment

Working...
                              X