X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

game winner,cheap but nice

Comment

Originally posted by dirtymike View Post
      yes but..... Don't put anything out there you are not willing to give away. The thieves are running crazy out there.
      you can make one out of a pvc pipe, called a root feeder, cap both ends and chain and lock to a tree or root, spray paint camo, disguise a little, worked out there for me, about 4 feet of the biggest pvc tube with two caps, screw and glue one end, put eye bolt in the other for the chain and lock, half inch holes work, and the hog rolls the tube around and picks up a few kernels at a time......if you hang one just use a 5 gal bucket and drill, 2 inch hole saw the bottom, you can use a fresh cut tree limb with some all thread and 2 nuts, homemade wind feeder cost 5 bucks, not To worry if they want to steal......pvc ground feeder will cost you about 20 bucks unless you can find some free pvc.......

Comment

Do not put anything at granger that you don't want taken!!!!!!there are some cheap lock on ameristep treestands on sale and walmart.com, i think around 20 bucks.....these would be good with a cable lock and if they want to climb all the way up the tree and cut the lock(maybe they will fall and break their legs)lol, i hate thieves!! And u wouldn't be losing much.......

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
          I think unionmade is talking about hunting small game (i.e. rabbits) with a shotgun and bringing his bow in case he gets on a hog. I'm not sure if it's legal to carry both at the same time however.
          it's legal to carry both but you cannot have a shotshell with anything larger than 5 shot, and you legally can't shoot pigs with the shotgun with the 5 shot, or any other smaller shot, but i will let you know that if you are shooting a shotgun at granger you will not see any hogs.....you can however shoot the predators with the 5 shot,.i always see yotes and bobcats when i am hunting hogs, they have been too fast for me to get my bow back so far. i need to do a little more research about shooting the hogs with 5 shot???if we can shoot predators why can't we shoot the hogs, 5 shot will kill the 30-40 pounders i believe if they are within 30 yds. i understand the buckshot safety concern........anyone can chime in.....

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
            $20....really. link?
            It doesn't look like it's on the website, but they had plenty at the Round Rock store last week. It's a pretty cheap hang on stand and will require rails or climbing sticks, but for the price might now be a bad investment. It definitely wouldn't break the bank if it "walked away" on ya.

Comment

You can buy some fairly cheap cable locks to somewhat secure your stand. run it through a hole in the stand and around the tree.

Like this one that even comes in camo:

** Bah, since I'm a forum noob, i'm not allowed to post a link yet, so just go to Amazon and search this, but probably can find some cheaper versions at one of the big box stores local:

Master Lock 8418KADCAM-TMB Python Adjustable Locking Cable, Braided Steel, Camo Colored, 6-Feet x 5/16-Inch **

I have see a ton of stands out there. Was in Pecan Grove a few weeks ago and someone had newly spiked 5 or so stands that I ran up on. Kind of ashamed as a couple of the trees that were spiked were some big old growth pecan or oaks. That might kill them eventually, especially if the spikes are screwed out.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is tmobile cell service out in lake granger

Comment

I have t mobile and don't get a signal

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                    $20....really. link?
                    they had 4 last night

Comment

im tellin ya its a deal lol

Comment

they are good stands.. what I hunted out of all year. Not the biggest or the most comfortable but they work. cp store had 4 or 5 the other day

Comment

Picked one up yesterday for 18.xx I have a ladder stand of the same brand and like it allot. This should serve me well.

Comment

i need to find a new release in a pinch,any ideas around leander/austin

Comment

Cabelas double g archery countru

Comment

ive been thinking double g, i like them but dont much care for archery country last couple times ive been there they were rude to me but what really bugged me they were rude to my girlfriend

Comment

Working...
                                X