Looking for a low key kid friendly rifle range near southern DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a low key kid friendly rifle range near southern DFW

My girls drew a GDE hunt this yr and we are mainly bow hunters. I need to get them to a rifle range preferably something that has over 100yds and not alot of action. Don't mind paying a decent amount if its private. We have alpine range nearby but that place makes even me gun shy when people are shooting arm canons right next to you. Just need to get them some rifle prctice as we will have some longer shots possible.
    any where from sounthern DFW to waco would be ideal.

Arlington Sportsman's Club would be your answer. I'm not a member, but there are a couple on here that have offered up visits in the past. It's usually low key and have longer ranges. That's where I learned to shoot when I was a young lad.

Comment

Quail Creek
      Ft. Worth.

I was there Say and there were three girl with their Grand Dad. All around 13-14

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Arlington Sportsman's Club would be your answer. I'm not a member, but there are a couple on here that have offered up visits in the past. It's usually low key and have longer ranges. That's where I learned to shoot when I was a young lad.
        This looks great but hoping for a daily fee place or somewhere I can just make a "donation" for 1-3 trips between now and Jan. I'm a gun fan and shot alot during my younger yrs. We don't shoot much anymore so no need to be a memeber.

Comment

Jack my oldest takes his kid to Quail Creek. I've been a couple times it's not that bad. Any place between now and Nov.2nd will be packed on weekends.

Comment

Take em out to your property and make a day of it..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Take em out to your property and make a day of it..
              I don't have any areas that open more than 50-60 yds and I don't like to shoot out there much so I don't scare deer off

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                Jack my oldest takes his kid to Quail Creek. I've been a couple times it's not that bad. Any place between now and Nov.2nd will be packed on weekends.
                I'm sure it will be, and thats a haul for us with traffic

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                  Quail Creek
                  Ft. Worth.

I was there Say and there were three girl with their Grand Dad. All around 13-14
                  2nd. Would also check out the sportsman club in Mansfield. I'll likely join it after season.

Comment

Pigeon Road in Stephenville might work, I think you can pay a fee to shoot there.

Comment

Triple C range out in Cresson has a 100-200 yard range that is typically pretty quiet.

Comment

I can get you in at ASC to shoot, if interested PM me

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                          Pigeon Road in Stephenville might work, I think you can pay a fee to shoot there.
                          They have a decent range with up to 200yards if I remember right?? Think it's less than $10 per shooter and no time limit. Pretty good place for rifle products and very good for archery (range also) as well. Several shooting stations with rests and covers.

Allen will custom make arrows and they also do both firearm and bow repair.

Comment

Working...
                          X