Why cover license plate in photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why cover license plate in photos?

I see it on here all the time. Car or truck for sale and they hold their thumb over the plates to take the pictures. What the heck am I missing? What's the point? Do you hire someone to ride around with you all day and cover your plates while you drive?

Seriously, what's the deal?

I always wondered the same

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I am with you I dont get it

Comment

I was wondering this also

Comment

X4 I have always wondered why hide something hundreds of people a day see while driving around!

Comment

With the license plate number you can pull up the owner information and get the address. I’m pretty sure this is done when those pics are on Craigslist and other sites to avoid potential theft issues. That’s my guess..

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
              With the license plate number you can pull up the owner information and get the address. I’m pretty sure this is done when those pics are on Craigslist and other sites to avoid potential theft issues. That’s my guess..
              I guess if I wanted to steal a certain kind of truck I could just go to the mall and write down plate numbers of ones I like and then steal them at my convenience. Don't really need CL for that.

Comment

Because there are people like Burnadell out there.......that’s why.

Comment

Because you can look on publicdata and get the owners address. All of the other vehicles registered at the address and the other people who live with you if their names are on the other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                    Because you can look on publicdata and get the owners address. All of the other vehicles registered at the address and the other people who live with you if their names are on the other cars.

And?? It's in public every day with the plates on it. Still don't get it. I guess I'm dense.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post

You can do that with anyone driving down the street as well!

EDIT: I was too slow typing. Bowslayer already said what I was thinking.

Comment

People wanting to scam or come steal part off of the vehicle, come to steal the vehicle. Etc. if you are posting the pics online it’s easy for many people to put eyes on it. If you feel secure putting yours out there that’s cool. Some people don’t want to invite potential issues.

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        And?? It's in public every day with the plates on it. Still don't get it. I guess I'm dense.

Comment

Because some of y'alls political views will get you fired by your employer if someone from this site sent your posts to your job

Happens everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                            You can do that with anyone driving down the street as well!

EDIT: I was too slow typing. Bowslayer already said what I was thinking.

Have you tried to get a LP# before. Not exactly as easy as anyone driving down the street can see it... lol. There’s are reason folks in blue have to get close before they pull you over

Comment

BowSlayer - send me a picture of your license plate so I can post a bunch of info on you that you may or may not want posted[emoji15]. I kid

Comment

Working...
                              X