Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~COAST PROS : Will this weekends weather shut down the fishing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~COAST PROS : Will this weekends weather shut down the fishing ?

Have not been coast fishing in ages,... finally have my opportunity to go this weekend ! Super excited with good reports of bite action, have friends and family there,... and then i start hearing about this big moisture push coming right at what seems like the entire Texas coast ! Ughhhhh...... Fishing around corpus area mostly.

I know nothing of weather and coast fishing - would this effect the bite ? Not scared to fish in light to medium rain if it's worth it. -c

I live here and they are calling for ESE wind gusting 25 plus on Saturday. That will mess the entire coast up.

Comment

RR nailed it. No way I would waste the time. You may be able to find some back water that is protected and catch some redfish, but if you don't know the area very well that would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        I live here and they are calling for ESE wind gusting 25 plus on Saturday. That will mess the entire coast up.
        X2 it'll be jacked until mid next week...

Comment

Originally posted by takoma View Post
          Have not been coast fishing in ages,... finally have my opportunity to go this weekend ! Super excited with good reports of bite action, have friends and family there,... and then i start hearing about this big moisture push coming right at what seems like the entire Texas coast ! Ughhhhh...... Fishing around corpus area mostly.

I know nothing of weather and coast fishing - would this effect the bite ? Not scared to fish in light to medium rain if it's worth it. -c
          Right there with you brother, we have a condo at North Padre this weekend, planning to bring the boat and wear the trout out! Well I was anyway. I know we need rain bad so I'll be happy either way but sure would be nice if it stalls out till Sunday afternoon or Monday before screwing up my fishing plans this weekend. Im banking on the fact that weathermen don't have a clue and never get a forecast right.

Comment

We are headed out of Galveston on a cruise Sunday afternoon, guess it’s going to be a little bumpy.

Comment

Not really sure, but right now me and another TBH’er plan on fishing Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How does it look after something like this? Say next Thursday and Friday?

Comment

Stay home this weekend would be my advice or if you can't enjoy other things to do besides being out on the water in a boat.

If the wind dies you'll be fine next Thursday or Friday unless it rains so much that there is fresh water dumping into the bays. Then you just have to find fishable water.

Comment

Are you going with a guide?

Comment

I just hope we'll get some big tides out of it and a reset on this high pressure that has been killing us. I am sick of SW wind and low tides.

Comment

Just got back. Low tides and windy the last two days. Wind was down before that but I didn't see alot of tidal movement. Lots of weed Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                          I just hope we'll get some big tides out of it and a reset on this high pressure that has been killing us. I am sick of SW wind and low tides.
                          Amen to that. I was just thinking today we should be in that steady 10 to 15 mph SE wind for at least a month already and I've only seen it a handful of days this year...and no water in the bay... ugh

Comment

I would pass boys..sorry for the bad news. Just left Crystal beach today and it has been blown out since Saturday. Buddy headed Sunday AM down to Baffin for Monday-Tomorrow trip and didn't even fish today. Actually, came home this evening.... I think this week and 1/2 of next week blown out..JMHO

Comment

Hey man!!!

Originally posted by takoma View Post

If you still have my ####, send me a text and we can get something plan to fish the Lower Laguna ,Mansfield and or Arroyo City.... Carlos S.

Comment

Working...
                              X