Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drilling Consultants AKA Company Men

Hello Gents,

Now that things are picking up...who's hiring drilling consultants with DD experience? Hoping to network and get my foot in the door. Resume is ready!

Do you have any leads, or you are a DC or Co Man currently, and have insider info???

Thanks,

Keith
    Last edited by SonOfTheSouth; 05-08-2018, 07:01 AM. Reason: wording

Good Luck! Drilling is really picking up.

Comment

Gyrodata

Check out Gyrodata. I worked for them for 9 years back in the 1980's.

Welcome to our Careers Portal! If you do not see an open position that matches your qualifications at this time please create a...

Comment

Originally posted by DNew View Post
        Good Luck! Drilling is really picking up.
        DNew where are you working at?

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
          Check out Gyrodata. I worked for them for 9 years back in the 1980's.

http://www.gyrodata.com/careers/
          Thanks Froggy, but I am already a directional driller. Trying to break into a DC/Company man role.

Comment

It seems that EWS is running a LOT of consultants out in the Permian.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              It seems that EWS is running a LOT of consultants out in the Permian.
              thanks for the heads up. Will send resume...

Comment

Send your resume to every consultant firm you can find with good references. As well as any companymen you have made a good impression with in your directional career.
                With the wells being drilled today companies are glad to have a CM with a directional background, especially if you have roughnecking, drilling and toolpusher experience before hand.

Good luck

I here chances are best if you look west!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Consulting firms are filling the positions for most operators now days. I know SM was looking for some a while back because I was contacted about it I just didn’t want to go that route career wise. Many of them Chevron, Apache, and so on have been using engineers in the positions to save money. Directional with a drilling background or the guys that went through pushing tools up command quite a bit of money still even though rates aren’t all that great like they were

I probably don’t have to tell you but turnover and layoffs are probably the worst with that job. Very very hard to find guys doing that who stayed working consistently through either bust. Obviously there were some but lots of experienced or qualified people available
                  Last edited by bphillips; 05-08-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                    Send your resume to every consultant firm you can find with good references. As well as any companymen you have made a good impression with in your directional career.
                    With the wells being drilled today companies are glad to have a CM with a directional background, especially if you have roughnecking, drilling and toolpusher experience before hand.

Good luck

I here chances are best if you look west!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Resume has been sent to many many firms. Just a lot of guys still coming back with experience that I am competing against. Will take some time or luck.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Consulting firms are filling the positions for most operators now days. I know SM was looking for some a while back because I was contacted about it I just didn’t want to go that route career wise. Many of them Chevron, Apache, and so on have been using engineers in the positions to save money. Directional with a drilling background or the guys that went through pushing tools up command quite a bit of money still even though rates aren’t all that great like they were

I probably don’t have to tell you but turnover and layoffs are probably the worst with that job. Very very hard to find guys doing that who stayed working consistently through either bust. Obviously there were some but lots of experienced or qualified people available
                      That's certainly the risk. I figure if I get let go I can still go back as directional. Speaking of rates, consultants are making some good coin now. But in my opinion DD rates have been lagging.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfTheSouth View Post
                        That's certainly the risk. I figure if I get let go I can still go back as directional. Speaking of rates, consultants are making some good coin now. But in my opinion DD rates have been lagging.
                        Yea they’ve come back faster than ours but most those guys have some good experience. Don’t forget to ask how much the firm takes also. Some it’s already factored in and some not. I know a few guys with what they actually get and being 14/14 end up less than me. Days off are nice though. I’ll be in an office job before long and be home most days of the week then and I’m ready for that

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Yea they’ve come back faster than ours but most those guys have some good experience. Don’t forget to ask how much the firm takes also. Some it’s already factored in and some not. I know a few guys with what they actually get and being 14/14 end up less than me. Days off are nice though. I’ll be in an office job before long and be home most days of the week then and I’m ready for that
                          That's great to hear. With your current company? Remember my buddy David Rawson is over there now. Good ole 601 hand

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfTheSouth View Post
                            That's great to hear. With your current company? Remember my buddy David Rawson is over there now. Good ole 601 hand
                            Yes sir. Rawson is a great guy.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X