Bergara B14 HMR 6.5 needmoor about wrapped up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara B14 HMR 6.5 needmoor about wrapped up

I'm still waiting on the trigger. Getting a timney 517 from a buddy. Threw a seekins 20 moa rail on it. Seekins low 34mm rings and a vortex razor gen 2 3-18x50 EBR2C mil scope on it. Added an atlas rail for my bipod. Currently just running the modular evolution from my 7 on it. Gonna see what kind of speed I get and how it shoots and may cut it down to 16" from 22". I'll update more when I group it and see what it'll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why cut it to 16"?

Comment

Paging MikeD

Sweet gun. I’ve been eyeballing that one and the hunter version. They should be great rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
        Why cut it to 16"?
        Because throwing a 7-9" suppressor on it makes it a telephone pole. Annnnd why not? Lol. Won't change the accuracy.

Comment

That rig is very "enticing"...

I've seen some good reviews on those Bergara rifles. I would like to scoop up a wood stocked B14, if I can ever get my hands on one.

Comment

I gotta get one of those Trump stickers...still lovin it! Or is it laser etched in?

Comment

I love seeing so many others looking at a 16" 6.5CM. With a suppressor it is more balanced and the velocity is perfect for Texas game.

Comment

Good looking set up! Love that dadgum sticker.

Give it a few more minutes for Mike D and gingb to chime in about the "fad round"

Comment

If it were a faster round, you might not need that 20 moa rail.

That cat mount is awesome, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Because throwing a 7-9" suppressor on it makes it a telephone pole. Annnnd why not? Lol. Won't change the accuracy.
                    Depends on the distance you a re planning on shooting. Don't you lose about 100 fps per each inch of barrel you cut???

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                      Depends on the distance you a re planning on shooting. Don't you lose about 100 fps per each inch of barrel you cut???
                      Nope. He'll lose about 150fps total. The downrange energy will still be much greater than a long-barreled grendel, for example.

I might leave it at home for elk... then again maybe I wouldn't.

Edit for source to back it up: https://rifleshooter.com/2016/02/6-5...p-a-creedmoor/

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                        No. Varies by caliber. Velocity won't change accuracy either.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                          I gotta get one of those Trump stickers...still lovin it! Or is it laser etched in?
                          It's a sticker. The person that made it decided not to sell them to everyone. Wouldn't be so cool if everyone has them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            Paging MikeD

Sweet gun. I’ve been eyeballing that one and the hunter version. They should be great rifles.

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                            Good looking set up! Love that dadgum sticker.

Give it a few more minutes for Mike D and gingb to chime in about the "fad round"

Oh don’t worry. I’ve already told him how gay he was for being a band wagoner. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Myself thinks you used the gun as a prop to show of that awesome bobcat mount

Awesome gun. Can't wait to see the final results.

Comment

Working...
                              X